Weather in Hua Hin & Thailand

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Big Boy

Re: Weather in Hua Hin & Thailand

Post by Big Boy »

We'll probably get ours in about September :?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

Just has a brief shower!
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ Also in Rayong area but more than a shower. Enough to wet things so no watering for a day or two. :D :D :D New Year gift!

EDIT: a 2-3 degree drop in temp with whatever came through after it.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Some drops here in Bang Saphan. NY hosts pulled everything under cover, then changed back. 10 minutes of drops then nothing. Unlike Pete, not enough to water the plants
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
AsiaTraveller2
Novice
Novice

Post by AsiaTraveller2 »

Just a few drops on NYE but there should be more rain later this week according to the weather forecast
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

The below has been recently updated to now include Prachuap Khiri Khan:

Weather Warning

"Heavy to Very Heavy Rain in Lower South and Strong Wind Waves in Gulf"
No. 30 Time Issued : January 5, 2017

The strong northeast monsoon still prevails over the Gulf of Thailand and the South, and the low pressure cell over the lower Andaman Sea is moving north slowly to Myanmar. Persistent rains are forecast with torrential rain for following provinces: Prachuap Khiri Khan, Chumphon, Surat Thani, Nakhon Si, Thammarat, Phatthalung, Ranong, Phangnga, Phuket and Krabi. People should beware of the severe weather conditions and possible flash flood. Outbreaks of rain spells will ease off in the South by 8 January. Keep following closely the weather forecast update.

The strong winds force waves up to 2-3 meters high in the Gulf and Andaman Sea. People should beware of inshore surge. All ships should proceed with caution, and small boats keep ashore in the following 1-2 days.

The westerly trough from Myanmar across the North results in upper Thailand with outbreaks of rain spells. People should stay safe and keep healthy due to the change of weather conditions.

The advisory is in effect on 5 January 2017 at 11.00 a.m.

The next issue will be at 5.00 p.m., 5 January 2017

(Signed) Wanchai Sakudomchai

(Mr. Wanchai Sakudomchai)

Director-General

Thai Meteorological Department
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

The below radar link will show you how the big area of storms is slowly moving north towards Hua Hin. Whether it will make it that far I don't know. Pete :cheers:

http://weather.tmd.go.th/rygLoop.php
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Raining all day here in Bang Saphan
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Further to above, the news is filled this afternoon about both train and bus services being halted to the south. Some trains are not even leaving Bangkok but cancelled completely. See the Bangkok Post and The Nation breaking news for more details.....Pete
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

prcscct wrote:The below radar link will show you how the big area of storms is slowly moving north towards Hua Hin. Whether it will make it that far I don't know. Pete :cheers:

http://weather.tmd.go.th/rygLoop.php
It seems to be raining all across the upper gulf at the moment, but hasn't made it to Bangkok it appears. Unusual for the season, but good news for the garden. :D The weather warning four posts up has now been changed to include Phetchaburi. Pete :cheers:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

No rain yet where we live just outside Cha Am, but a good downpour would be welcome for the garden
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Rained lightly on and off all yesterday here in Bang Saphan. About 10pm started steady and rained all night, heavy at times
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote:No rain yet where we live just outside Cha Am, but a good downpour would be welcome for the garden
I don't say this very often DB, but we seemed to have quite a downpour here last night when you had nothing. Of course we're now on our 3rd power cut since it started :?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

prcscct wrote:Further to above, the news is filled this afternoon about both train and bus services being halted to the south. Some trains are not even leaving Bangkok but cancelled completely. See the Bangkok Post and The Nation breaking news for more details.....Pete
Some family members of a friend are trying to get back to Hat Yai and they were told that the train south could be out for a week.
PeteC

MALLS, AIRPORT CLOSED AS WORST FLOOD IN DECADES HIT SOUTH

Post by PeteC »

"NAKHON SI THAMMARAT — Banks, schools, shopping malls and at least one airport in the south were forced to close Thursday by the ongoing flood crisis that has already claimed six lives.

Many of the flooded areas are popular tourist spots, such as Koh Samui in Surat Thani province, where a family of four narrowly escaped death last night when their wooden house collapsed due to the rain that turned its foundations to mud.".............

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crim ... th-photos/