Weather in Hua Hin & Thailand

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Weather in Hua Hin & Thailand

Post by Dannie Boy »

Well there has certainly been some fairly persistent rain most of the day and more forecast for the rest of the night/early morning - looking like I will have to drain some water from the swimming pool soon!!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've just travelled home from Pattaya - we had some evil weather yesterday just as the show was starting. I was amazed with thunder and lightning directly overhead that the parachutists came through it, then there was a low flying plane, followed by an even lower flying helicopter before they pulled the plug for 2 hours. This was flash/instantaneous bang stuff that went on for 30 minutes. I've never known it go on like that for so long. Ever since I was a kid, we always counted the seconds between flash and bang. Yesterday, I rarely got to one. Yes, it's happened before, but never for more than one flash/bang. Must have been an extremely slow moving storm.

All the way home it has been consistently heavy rain.

You're normally excellent with this stuff Nereus, but I'm afraid you got it wrong this time. I was the proverbial drowned rat to prove it :cry:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

That's how strange it is. We were cooking in the sun down the road in Bangsaen for the wife's 42K marathon. Only some spitting in the afternoon. Back in Rayong later on and the roads had been flooded and broken trees everywhere from wind gusts. Rain off and on all day today with more coming from the way it looks now. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

You're normally excellent with this stuff Nereus, but I'm afraid you got it wrong this time. I was the proverbial drowned rat to prove
Ha,Ha, been expecting this! :D
I did not predict that it would not rain! What I was agitated about was the dire warnings that the whole country was going to be underwater and flooded! The NE Monsoon is in full swing and rain in the South at this time of the year is part of it. The low pressure depression has not got the wind gradients to be of much concern apart from some widespread rain.
I hope that you arrived home Ok and are not on the road. :cheers:

In Bangkok right now there is light continuous rain, very little wind and a while ago a halfhearted clap of thunder.
As the depression crosses the coast it will dump its load and move out into the Andaman Sea, where it MAY build up again, but I doubt it.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Certainly dumping its load right now.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Well that storm certainly woke me up. Haven't seen one as spectacular for ages. Quite fun really and unlike some unfortunates, our power stayed on....... so far!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

HHTel wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:45 am Well that storm certainly woke me up. Haven't seen one as spectacular for ages. Quite fun really and unlike some unfortunates, our power stayed on....... so far!
Yes thunder and lightning show to beat all others, served up with a prolonged downpour the likes of which I am struggling to recall. Fortunately same as HHTel, no power cuts so far, so I’ve been able to run the pump to get rid of some of the excess water from the swimming pool. It’s also reminded me what I already knew - I need to replace my guttering!!
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Yup, some storm! I awoke when I thought the bedroom light had been switched on, which was a bit worrying as I am on my own! Took a few seconds for me to grasp it was lightening! Then the power died - Tap Thai area. I was amazed they got it back on quite quickly really.
Talk is cheap
johnjar
Guru
Guru

Post by johnjar »

Looking at wx forecast its 70 to 100% precipitation everyday all day until it eases off on Thursday.

https://weather.com/en-GB/weather/today/l/THXX0006:1:TH
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

It is a little damp around soi 102 this morning!

thumbnail_photo 1.jpg
thumbnail_photo 1.jpg (41.89 KiB) Viewed 445 times
thumbnail_photo 2.jpg
thumbnail_photo 2.jpg (35.12 KiB) Viewed 445 times
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It's not just 102 guys, I've just told my daughter to leave her motorcycle here, and I've dropped her home. Soi 94 is like a raging river, Soi 96 has shoes that people have left outside of their houses floating everywhere and Petchkasem is a lake - be very careful out there, especially if on a motorcycle.

Points 41; Position 18
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

If you want to buy or rent a house ,today is the day to inspect it, i fear a lot of low lying areas and new projects at the bases of mountains or next to creeks are going to be under water, a house full of mud is not a nice thing
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, there was one poor lady stood on Soi 94 with a sweeping brush trying to divert the water from going into her home. Unfortunately, she was ankle deep, and she was having absolutely no effect.

Points 41; Position 18
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

IMG_0885.jpeg
Just had to clear the drains outside. Looks like our night watchman will have to move into the Sala shortly for the time being.
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

Bottom of Soi 112 must be bad,True Area Gym phoned and told me not to come this morning.