In memory: 'Kiwi Duncan'...

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
bahtandsold
Amateur
Amateur

In memory: 'Kiwi Duncan'...

Post by bahtandsold »

Kiwi Dunc, has sadly passed after suffering two strokes on thurs, jan 6 2005...
Had a call from Dunc last week and he was typically full of life, looking forward to moving to his 2cnd home, down at Bang Saphan Yai...
'Jungle' Jim (of coconuts XI??) is in contact with Dunc's family in NZ and helping with funeral arrangements and can be reached on 011914627.
Funeral is tenatively planned for Tues Jan 11 but pls check with Jim for final details.
There will only EVER be one Dunc... Great guy, an Icon in HH for many years, a good friend, who will be missed...
pete&kay
Novice
Novice

r u sure?

Post by pete&kay »

hi baht&sold,
thanks for your quick reply, we never knew him as dunc only as don, jeall used to call him donny somtimes. they ran the all nations guest house around 1990 -1/2 ish he used to work in dimond mining,
hope this is not the same guy you have,
regards
pete&kay :cry:
bahtandsold
Amateur
Amateur

Re: r u sure?

Post by bahtandsold »

pete&kay wrote:hi baht&sold,
thanks for your quick reply, we never knew him as dunc only as don, jeall used to call him donny somtimes. they ran the all nations guest house around 1990 -1/2 ish he used to work in dimond mining,
hope this is not the same guy you have,
regards
pete&kay :cry:
Pete/Kay, hi,

I knew Duncan since '97 I believe. At that time he was making delicious hams and also some terrific pies, ala "Dunc's pies"...
-UK Gary was the inn keeper at All Nations at that time and he's since had a mule of a charge from the boys in brown and presently resides at the Bangkok Hilton (the NO star hilton that is...) :( hopefully, to get another day in court in the future.
Sometime after that, Tim & Family from Canada took over A.N. and recently sold to another chap.
To sum up, I'm fairly certain, our Dunc, is NOT your Don.
Last, thiswas a new post topic and not meant as a reply to your query looking for old mates in HH.
Best to you both,
daniel
(ps: any long-timers like to solve the circa 1990 All Nations innkeeper mystery? BILLY or??? Pls post for Pete n' Kay at the topic prior to this one, thx all)
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I too was saddened to learn of Duncan's demise on Friday afternoon. I'd known him for 7 years and he was a constant source of information and advice for me, especially when I first came over.
He was one of the first westerners into HH donkeys years ago when he had The Kiwi Corner. There can't be many long timers here in town that didn't know him. I'll remember him for his prowess at cribbage counting. Reckon our games ended up about all square.
He'll be sadly missed.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Re: In memory: 'Kiwi Duncan'...

Post by Gregjam »

Spent many a lunchtime or quiet afternoon with Duncan both at Kiwi Corner and at his house. We celebrated the birth of my son at Kiwi Corner as I was not allowed to be at the clinic so where else to go. Was not living here when he passed away and it is good that he is remembered here. A true character from HH's Farang past.