Central Department Store in Hua Hin?

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Re: Central Department Store in Hua Hin?

Post by Lung Per »

hhfarang wrote:It's not fashion, but size that's the problem. I don't have the luxury of shopping abroad as a lot of part timers here do. I haven't left Thailand in over five years and the sizes at the shops I've been to in Hua Hin are geared towards Thais. XXL (Thai) = XL (Western), XL = L (Large western), L = M (Medium western), etc. Being around six feet and 190 pounds it's difficult to find shops that have clothing that is big enough. I've recently lost 30 pounds so it is not as bad as it used to be as now I can wear most XXLs here and a few XLs, but before I lost weight there was nothing in Hua Hin that fit.

I hate shopping too. In the U.S. once I found a brand and size I liked, I would just order replacements from the internet, but that's not easy here either.
Same here. Too many internet stores in the US won't ship abroad for some odd reason ("fear of the unknown", I suspect).
A friend is only one click away
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

Post by T.I.G.R. »

Seems to me there are plenty of mens clothing shops in the old mall that cater to falangs......mostly on the first floor,
HH have you tried there?
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Yes, I buy almost all my clothes in the old mall.
Even though I spend a lot of time working in Luxembourg, I never shop here as they only really have two types of shops for men clothes; basically it costs you about a thousand euros to look like either Prince Charles or Karl Lagerfield!
Korkenzieher
Guru
Guru

Post by Korkenzieher »

Price might be a killer for some, but a few weeks back I just gave a load of worn out stuff to one of the tailors and said 'copy that'. Did a fine job. Of course, it is going to be a bit more than off the peg copies of Lacoste or Gant, but if size is important... then surely that is the cure?
Had enough of the trolls. Going to sleep. I may be some time....
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Lung Per wrote: Same here. Too many internet stores in the US won't ship abroad for some odd reason ("fear of the unknown", I suspect).
They don't want the time and money cost of the customs paperwork. Some companies exist just to allow foreigners to buy from US web sites. Haven't tried this firm yet, but intend to. http://www.shipito.com/
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

Hi there fellas

I think Central Patana (CPN) won't be setting up a Mall here in Hua Hin any time soon. According to this Article on Bangkok Post. Diring the next 5 years it's wants to open 15 Stores Domestic and Internationally. The first five sites in Thailand for the next 2 years are already choosen.

Here's the Article: http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/eco ... -year-plan

Your's The understudy!!!
In Love with Hua Hin since 19naughty9 and it ain't fading!!!
(My fable for All Things Japanese knows no boundaries!) Proud Student of Stamford University Hua Hin Campus from 1999 to 2004 (5th Batch of Graduates.)
“Once you survive Stamford U Hua Hin Campus only you can survive anything!!!”