More crime in Hua Hin

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: More crime in Hua Hin

Post by dtaai-maai »

hhfarang wrote: Even the garage itself would be a tempting target to the casual thief.
But only if they had a very large truck... :naughty:
This is the way
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

But only if they had a very large truck... :naughty:
Off course I should have written "the garage contents", but if detached from the house maybe this could happen... :D

My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
sand_dancer
Guru
Guru

Post by sand_dancer »

deepdown wrote:I work away and have just had a call from wife to tell me that 2 spineless Thai W*****S,broke into my house last night (Soi 6),Tied up my wife ,her friend and my Nanny at Gun Point,then proceeded to go through every room in the house,emptying all the drawers & wardrobes & taking anything of value. My daughter who is only 2yrs old was asleep in her cot and thankfully never woke,which is a blessing.They took 200,000bt worth of gold,my wifes Engagement Diamond ring & wedding ring,cash and mobile phones off all 3 of the girls.The Police so far seem to be doing all they can,I hope they find these Cowards,I would willingly pay them a substantial amount of cash to have 15mins with the 2 of them alone in a room.I am Ex-Royal Marine from UK,so harming them would cause me no lack of sleep whatsoever.
Everyone be careful out there,because the guys that commit these crimes are carrying firearms ,cowards and desperate which is a dangerous combination.
DD,

Sorry to hear about the traumatic experience that befell your family. Just what I dont want to hear whe I am just about to make the leap myself. I hope that they are non the worse for their ordeal.

I think that we are both in the same business. Would you be up for a beer and a tete-a-tete, if we can be in HH at the same time?

Stay safe
jimmy40
Professional
Professional

Post by jimmy40 »

Hello again, My Mate on soi 102, house was robbed last night. He was out, they got in via the bathroom window, and went strait to his safe, where they belted it to peices. And stole 1 million baht. Its not the money he is concerned about, but they got his mother and fathers wedding rings[they have been deceased for years] and his rolex and a ww1 watch of his grandfather.He is offering a reward for the recovery of the jewerly, and if posible the people who done it. Please pm me if any one will see these items pop up somewhere, and or hear anything.[oh the reward is 500,000 baht] Thankyou
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Must have been a crappy safe if they could "belt" it to pieces with something, a decent one only costs about 10-15k baht and if you are planning on keeping enough cash around to get a small army drunk then it's not too much of an expense imo. Sorry for your mate and it does sound like they knew he had a safe, premeditated perhaps, as so often is the case here with this stuff.

Does he have a cleaner/maid or 'dodgy' Thai relatives?

Also, not really sure why people need to keep so much money just lying around, sounds silly imo and asking for it, when you can just as easily bank it. This came up on another thread just recently.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
charlesh
Ace
Ace

Post by charlesh »

Many of the "safes" sold are fire safes! I had to cut mine open with a small angle grinder when the mechanism jammed but no I did not have 1 mill Bht in it which I also think is a strange amount to have in cash at home unless for drinking purposes ha, ha.
jimmy40
Professional
Professional

Post by jimmy40 »

Yes i know its a bit of money to have lying around. But he owns large business's in the region hence the figure. And his ex girlfriend left a week ago. She was arrested but released as she had a aliby. The safe by the way was a big lump of a thing, but they some how moved it and smashed the back in. It was not a cheap one, it was a old fashioned heavy one.
cookmanchef
Professional
Professional

Post by cookmanchef »

Where on 102 is the house? If it is CG then there has been a lot of insider knowledge regarding break-ins there I think.
jimmy40
Professional
Professional

Post by jimmy40 »

Sorry cookmanchef, and others, its 112 not 102
advocate
Professional
Professional

Post by advocate »

Deepdown,

I cannot respond to your PM as you have disabled your PM.
Please enable/turn on PM, thanks.
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

Post by T.I.G.R. »

Super Joe -

We had a full security system at our small company I worked for in California, but by far the most effective weapon we had at our disposal was some kind of loudspeaker, warbling alarm set-up that's hard to describe, but it literally made your brains scramble and we never had it go off that it didn't chase whoever was in the building outside in a hurry.

Being in the business I hope you know what I'm talking about, and I would think just this one apparatus which you could hook up to a security system or panic button would do a lot to run off many of the burglars and others this thread is about.

Please P.M. me if you want further info and I'll find out more about the exact nature of this thing; seems like it would be something many people here might want to try.
HHpat
Novice
Novice

Post by HHpat »

deepdown wrote:I work away and have just had a call from wife to tell me that 2 spineless Thai W*****S,broke into my house last night (Soi 6),Tied up my wife ,her friend and my Nanny at Gun Point,then proceeded to go through every room in the house,emptying all the drawers & wardrobes & taking anything of value. My daughter who is only 2yrs old was asleep in her cot and thankfully never woke,which is a blessing.They took 200,000bt worth of gold,my wifes Engagement Diamond ring & wedding ring,cash and mobile phones off all 3 of the girls.The Police so far seem to be doing all they can,I hope they find these Cowards,I would willingly pay them a substantial amount of cash to have 15mins with the 2 of them alone in a room.I am Ex-Royal Marine from UK,so harming them would cause me no lack of sleep whatsoever.
Everyone be careful out there,because the guys that commit these crimes are carrying firearms ,cowards and desperate which is a dangerous combination.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

We had a full security system at our small company I worked for in California, but by far the most effective weapon we had at our disposal was some kind of loudspeaker, warbling alarm set-up that's hard to describe, but it literally made your brains scramble and we never had it go off that it didn't chase whoever was in the building outside in a hurry.
Yes, I've seen these in the UK and I always thought they would be effective in Thailand. They're called sound bombs and, as you say, they're so loud and ear-piercing that they cause the intruder to panic and run. I've heard them activated and it's painful.
http://www.alarmworld.co.uk/intruder/be ... od_69.html
poosmate
Ace
Ace

Post by poosmate »

Not loud enough!

I had noisy neighbours so I 'competed' with them with one of these brought from the Uk:
http://www.alarmworld.co.uk/intruder/be ... od_72.html.
Can be heard at 1km.
I won :wink:
no more dePreston
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

Post by T.I.G.R. »

We could use one of those when the Beach Garden Hotel has one of their infamous outside "concerts".................