Black Mountain water park project

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
PeteC

Re: Black Mountain water park project

Post by PeteC »

Could it have been these lovelies? The World Supermodel competition is going on in Bangkok now. Pete :cheers:

8C274.jpg
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

prcscct wrote:Could it have been these lovelies? The World Supermodel competition is going on in Bangkok now. Pete :cheers:

8C274.jpg
That's just my staff Pete, getting ready to bring my morning coffee :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

The Summer 'bargain' is over. went there this week and it is now 600 baht per person. One slide (the blue tube which requires ring) was not working - electrical problem according to staff. Another slide (blue and white open) may as well have been closed as none of the 5 of us made it down without stopping multiple times and having to push ourselves along.

Wave machine good, but there isnt really enough to justify the price (esp. with 2 slides unusable).

We left just before 3pm and there were about 10 people in the park. vastly outnumbered by staff. I am unsure whether the park can/will work with those pricing levels. 300 baht would encourage people to go more often - and i am sure that the catering mark up would make up a lot of the difference !

Oh yes, we were also caught sneaking in a 500ml bottle of tescos water which was confiscated (and returned later on leaving). Seems a bit small minded given the entry price.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Not a cheap day out with the family in tow.......
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
shinzl

Post by shinzl »

it seems like a good place to go with my son
Mrock

Post by Mrock »

Almost every weekend is busy. Week days are very quiet.
It should not be full price if all slides are not working.
I live out here and see the place everyday.
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

It's nice to see Hua Hin developing so many new attractions. I expect prices to drop during low season, a bit like the Golf courses.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

fft100 wrote:The Summer 'bargain' is over. went there this week and it is now 600 baht per person.
I've been behind the little truck that goes around town advertising this park twice today. 600 Baht per person is the Summer bargain. Full price is 980 Baht.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Mauris
Novice
Novice

Post by Mauris »

Greetings to all HuaHin Forum users (first post :) )
I have a 3 yo daughter. Would you recommend to take her there or rather wait couple of years? :)
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Mauris, I would suggest waiting as the park is more suited to older kids. I took my nieces aged between 7 and 11 there and they stuck to one area. The flumes are more suited to older children/adults as is the wave pool. It is a safe clean place to take the kids but expensive. Not sure what the Santida (I think that is the name of the place on Phetkasem) is like as an alternative. At 3 years old she would probably be as happy in the kids pool at the Hilton which also offers access to the beach and is probably cheaper.
Mauris
Novice
Novice

Post by Mauris »

Thanks a lot for your comments :)
We stay at the hotel and she loves the swimming pool. I was just thinking to make some "extra" attraction (I'm also with my 7 yo son). But I guess I would make "extra" running around with scared face for myself (I skip that part ;) ). Again thanks a lot and all the best.
Onlychaam
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Onlychaam »

Hi Mauris, I have a 6 yo boy and 3 yo daughter, they love water and they have a lot of fun when we take them there. If you give it a try beware of the sun and apply a lot of cream on them as often as you can.
obiwan
Rookie
Rookie

water park

Post by obiwan »

Hi has anyone been to the water park recently. How is it doing. Is it busy and what are the prices thanks
timdg

Post by timdg »

I heard that the foreign owner of Black Mountain actually could get investment priviliges from the Government and ownes the land in a 100% legal way. Anyone can confirm that?
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

Why would you wish to have this information?
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.