Hua Hin Floating Market

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
BingoBango
Banned
Banned

Hua Hin Floating Market

Post by BingoBango »

Been up to the floating market today and other than the immaculate 3 baht toilets its a bit of a waste of time really, very pleasant but pointless.

The thing that is confusing me is that im sure the original site was about 1km back to the beach and then take a left down a small road ( with the sign saying amused shopping experience in chaam opens march 2012).

i went down in january this year and they were constructing stilts and platforms so I presumed that this was the intended site for the floating market.

However I went back down the small road this morning and their was nothing but pineapple plants.

Does anyone know if they had problems with this site and moved to the location where it has opened.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Hua Hin Floating Market

Post by hhfarang »

There's two floating markets. One is down a small road just west and south of the one on Soi 112. Maybe you just took a different small road this time.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
ste860
Deceased
Deceased

Post by ste860 »

i dont think either of the markets built are where the original one was supposed to be ,we too looked when it was first mentioned and visited the site ,and it was niether of these it was nearer siam teak if i recall
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Perhaps BingoBango is going "bozz-eyed"?
This is the way
bonnielass
Professional
Professional

Post by bonnielass »

In Hua Hin last week I was admiring someone's handbag, the lady said she got it at the Floating Market, and was keen to direct me to the "second" entrance and not the first. I haven't been up there yet to check it out.
Ye canny shove yer Grannie off a bus....
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

the 2nd one has more to offer including a wine shop with a selection of wines - I bought a red and white for less than 300 baht a bottle but yet to try them, but if they are any good, then I will be going back for more.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I had a wander around the first floating market in September and it's pleasant enough for a walk about and a drink or snack. Obviously it's aimed at the Thai market and the vast majority of the things on sale are geared towards that but there's no entrance fee and the food and drinks seemed inexpensive so if you just happen to be passing by it's worth a quick visit.
There was a lady selling this rather good locally made coconut icecream served in the husk which would probably get me in there again just for that.
poosmate
Ace
Ace

Post by poosmate »

There was a first/third site. It was I believe being built on army land to the right of soi 112 before the other markets.The structures were being built but were suddenly taken down and it is now returned to farmland.
no more dePreston
BingoBango
Banned
Banned

Post by BingoBango »

yes possmate, that sounds right, i know where i was when i saw it and went down the same track hhfarang, and i have not gone bozz eyed yet ha ha
TingTongJohn
Professional
Professional

Sam Phan Nam Hua Hin Floating Market

Post by TingTongJohn »

Has anyone been to either of the 2 new floating markets yet in Hua HIn? Your insight and comments on either of these 2 attractions would be helpful.

TTJ :thumb:
One word is not a story but it is the beginning and end of one.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Sam Phan Nam Hua Hin Floating Market

Post by Nereus »

May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
TingTongJohn
Professional
Professional

Post by TingTongJohn »

Your point is clear but I was trying to find out what people thought of the market and opinions and such if it was worthwhile on going and maybe some photos of their journey to either of them :| .
One word is not a story but it is the beginning and end of one.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

If you've been to Pleurnwan (spelling?) opposite Index, then you get the general idea. Lots of daytrippers and weekenders from Bangkok and a couple of hours (window) shopping for the ladies.
Not my cuppa tea really, but somewhere to take visitors.
Some nice nibbles.
Only 10 minutes out of town, so worth popping in (no entry fee) for a look if you've got transport.
Don't forget there are two, so you can double the enjoyment.
This one has a little railway ride round the perimeter... :|
The other one doesn't.

(Is your business in the doldrums?
I am available for marketing consultation on an hourly basis.
I offer this post as a sample of the possibilities my publicity skills can offer.)
This is the way
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

TingTongJohn wrote:
Your point is clear but I was trying to find out what people thought of the market and opinions and such if it was worthwhile on going and maybe some photos of their journey to either of them :| .
Sorry, if you want the report written in a language other than English, you should make that clear.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

This topic has been merged with the original, no need for duplicates.