Service excellence - Home Pro don't know what it means

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
buksida

Re: Service excellence - Home Pro don't know what it means

Post by buksida »

Reminds me of this epic and entertaining rant: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18052

There are enough warnings about the place, why oh why do people continue to shop there? On the subject of shopping I've found Power Buy a good alternative, good selection, helpful staff, easy parking etc.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

Power Buy staff might be helpful etc but the try taking something back which is faulty! We bought a phone which packed up within a month but there is no way they would exchange it as we did not have ALL the original packaging. On the back of there receipt it says they will only exchange within 14 days after that they will get whatever repaired for you. The phone was sent away for repair (6 weeks) but when it came back it lasted just a day before it stopped working again so since it was an inexpensive phone we just gave up and bought a new phone.

You know when you are onto a loser when there is no Thai word for guarantee - it is not a concept they seem to understand.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Maybe the new Pure will be better when it opens on Phetkasem road.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
mafiamind

Post by mafiamind »

This is good information to know. I am about to furnish a house, and I was considering their A/C units, but now I think I will look elsewhere.
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

We've never had any trouble at Pure Electric, we used them when they were in Hua Hin on Petchkasem and as well after they moved to near Index; and the staff are happy to let you browse without looking like baby ducks following their mother.
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

moja wrote:You know when you are onto a loser when there is no Thai word for guarantee - it is not a concept they seem to understand.
'Gah-lan-tee' ....?

As in 'Gah-lan-tee weesah!'

:wink:

Seriously, and annoying as it is, don't sweat it - especially over 350 Baht. Just stop spending there and go to one of the many other options. I like Big Kiang but I'm sure there are plenty of horror stories about that place too!
Dr Mike
Guru
Guru

Post by Dr Mike »

and Power Buy is where??
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

Power Buy - Soi 88 ?
Big Kiang - just about opposite 88/1 on Petchkasem - south of Power Buy about 150m

You don't get out much Dr Mike ?
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Frank Hovis wrote:Power Buy - Soi 88 ?
Big Kiang - just about opposite 88/1 on Petchkasem - south of Power Buy about 150m

You don't get out much Dr Mike ?
I think that there may be a big Hospital in that area, not sure? :rasta:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Dr Mike
Guru
Guru

Post by Dr Mike »

I keep my head down when passing that area--- the boys in brown are VERY active in that area.
TingTongJohn
Professional
Professional

Post by TingTongJohn »

I have found the staff most times very unhelpful. I am not sure about if it is their worry about english or the disinterest. When I have gone in I know what I want and my biggest issue is finding the right area in the store where the product is kept. I try to not buy the lowest or highest cost ones and never had a problem in them not working. All and all o.k and the prices in general are cheaper due to amount of product but the staff and the helping nonexisitent.

TTJ :bow:
One word is not a story but it is the beginning and end of one.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

I purchased a few items there previously. Once I wanted a couch which was on display, but not in stock. They promised to call me when in stock but never did. I few weeks later I went back and, Alas, it was in stock. No appologies for not calling. "You want couch or not" was all they could say (in Thai). Mrs. LP (Thai) just shook her head. I don't go back there anymore. Strangely enough I have seldom seen Thai customers there, only farangs.
:guns:
A friend is only one click away
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

An old story which may shed some light on their mentality. Five years ago when we moved into our house we bought four Compass East fans from HP in Pattaya. They're a middle range fan better than their sister name brand, Sunlight. They have five lights with glass open ended globes in a circular design up near the fan motor. We decided it was a good idea to buy some extra globes as they always seem to get broken over time due to cleaning or some other incident. Happened that a supervisor in the store was a friend of my wife. She told us that they have extra globes but don't sell them separately. They only use them for replacements on the store display models when needed. :shock: When asked why, we were told that they prefer that people come back and buy a new fan. :laugh: She was kind enough though to go in the back, wrap up three globes in newspaper and bring them to us at a coffee shop down the street for which we paid her cash. She said impossible to ring them up in the store as they're not in the computer as a retail item. Maybe a story and she was just stealing from the company, or maybe true. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

Big Kiang will be moving in next to Power Buy any time now. The new shop was due to open 31st Dec but that was delayed until end of January but nothing happened so I have no idea when the move will be.
deepee
Guru
Guru

Post by deepee »

Thai Wat Sadu on Petchkasem Rd towards Cha-Am look like they are just about ready to open.Anyone had any experiences with them? prices?
Complexity is so simply overrated