Hua Hin Bluport Mall news, events and updates

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Re: Hua Hin Blu Port Mall in the pipelines

Post by wpcoe »

caller wrote:Is this okay?

http://www.bluporthuahin.com/
Good heavens. I hope they get a new webmaster. That site is almost childish. What's with all the crudely implemented needless animation? Not to mention the English:

"The Seaside village that disguise to a small shop with various mix product." :shock:

I know Thais web sites normally employ bright colors, flashing and spinning images, multiple adjacent animations, and total lack of white space, but for a page intended for foreigners they should tone things down more and project a sophisticated image, no?
buksida

Re: Hua Hin Blu Port Mall in the pipelines

Post by buksida »

Bluport Hua Hin Resort Mall to see multi-billion baht expansion
Hua Hin Asset Company, a joint venture between the Umpujh and Liptapanlop families, will allocate an additional 2-3 billion baht to build new attractions and develop a residential project for the second phase of its Bluport Hua Hin Resort Mall, which is due to open next month.

The new expansions will push the overall budget for the project to 8 billion baht.

Supaluck Umpujh, Hua Hin Asset's vice chairman, said the second phase will be built on a 25-rai plot located behind the Bluport shopping project over the next two years. The new development will respond to increased tourism in Hua Hin.

"We believe in the potential of Hua Hin, which TripAdvisor has ranked fifth among the top 10 tourist destinations on the rise in Asia," she said.

More: http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/new ... -expansion

Hua Hin luxury mall to open on Oct 1
The vice chairman of Hua Hin Asset Co, Supaluck Umpujh, and company executive director Pasu Liptapanlop on Monday announced the opening of the Bluport Hua Hin Resort Mall on October 1.

The company has invested more than Bt5 billion in the luxury mall, which covers 200,000 square metres.

Hua Hin welcomes some 6 million visitors per year and more than 20,000 expats are resident in the district in Prachuap Khiri Khan province.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakin ... 95766.html
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Re: Hua Hin Bluport Mall news and updates

Post by Big Boy »

I guess that must be across the railway track and behind the first row of shop houses on Soi 102. I noticed a huge piece of ground being prepared, and can't think of anywhere else.

I wonder what the attractions will be. The current road infrastructure doesn't really lend itself to an invasion by tour buses.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Big Boy wrote:<snip>... The current road infrastructure doesn't really lend itself to an invasion by tour buses.
Not to be too cynical, but who cares?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Probably the people living on Soi 102.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I went into the car park at the back of bluport yesterday and was amazed at the huge army of people gathered & working there to get this place ready in time. I looked in from the outside of 2/3 floors and could still see bare concrete pillars and flooring everywhere, but also quite a bit of shop fitting going on. Some places appear to be completed and completely covered in plastic to keep the dust off. I think they'll be working to complete everything right up to the minute it's due to open.
Talk is cheap
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Big Boy wrote:Probably the people living on Soi 102.
Sorry, I mean who, of any (self)importance cares? There's money to be made.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

they project 40,000 visitors a weekend day. About 4000 in and 4000 out every hour.
Thank god they have concreted all the back roads.
Nothappyjan

Post by Nothappyjan »

Just drove past and everything seems to be well advanced. It looks impressive with a landscaped entrance.
However, I cannot see any evidence of planning for the expected large number of vehicles that will bring the shoppers. Soi 102 looks like a traffic jam waiting to happen. Not to mention the main road which will be chaos personified.
Hope I am wrong but doesn't look like any planning at all.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

On the map someone kindly posted earlier, the large vacant land across the railway line from the mall is designated as a 'park and ride' area so they have 'planned' for the vehicles. However, access to that parking lot will as you say be chaos no doubt........Time will tell!
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Planning? :lach: TIT

Park and ride on the mud, in rainy season :lach:

Points 48; Position 18
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Cant help remembering how Richard used to complain about MV, how it was too big and crowded!!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I see it advertised this morning that the new cinema will be another Major Cineplex establishment, exactly the same as Market Village. This will mean 1 of 2 things:

A. 2 identical outlets next door to each other selling exactly the same product (surely not, this is after all, Thailand) :? .

B. 2 cinemas a few hundred yards apart, but operating as a single 10 screen multiplex - too sensible for Thailand?

I guess all will be revealed next week.
cine.jpg
cine.jpg (66.27 KiB) Viewed 585 times

Points 48; Position 18
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Big Boy wrote:I see it advertised this morning that the new cinema will be another Major Cineplex establishment, exactly the same as Market Village. This will mean 1 of 2 things:

A. 2 identical outlets next door to each other selling exactly the same product (surely not, this is after all, Thailand) :? .

B. 2 cinemas a few hundred yards apart, but operating as a single 10 screen multiplex - too sensible for Thailand?

I guess all will be revealed next week.

cine.jpg
or 1 with prices and movies for the masses, the other for the sophisticated.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

In the states, in the bigger cities, you can get two multiplexes close to each other with no overlap in movies. Not sure here though!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.