Hua Hin Bluport Mall news, events and updates

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
RCer
Ace
Ace

Re: Hua Hin Bluport Mall news, events and updates

Post by RCer »

Power Mall at BP is having a good sale. We picked up air fryer and sandwich maker yesterday. Combined was about 7k.

We like BP's Food Port (food court) better than MV. Better tasting.

Cinabon is hard to pass by, though. 555
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

RCer wrote: Cinabon is hard to pass by, though. 555
Tell me about it, especially when 2 for 1. Bough 4 last time, but did let the wife have one.... :roll:
RCer
Ace
Ace

DHL at Bluport

Post by RCer »

There is a new DHL shop at Bluport. Bottom floor across from TMB.

Great service and excellent English.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: DHL at Bluport

Post by oakdale160 »

that is good to know
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Re: DHL at Bluport

Post by 404cameljockey »

Good news. I still use the lady in the DHL shoebox in Khao Takiab. :D
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I had cause to make a rare visit to Bluport yesterday evening. I was going from Market Village, so rather than use Petchkasem, loaded with Saturday evening traffic and negotiate 2 u-turns, I opted to go via the back road.

Just before Bluport, there was a barrier across the road, directing me to turn left for parking. My son said it wouldn't be a problem because I could enter via the underground car park and work my way up from there.

So down I go into the gaping cavern. It was impossible to follow the road markings because of more barriers with security guards slumped across them playing on their phones. The ramp up was being used for motorcycle parking. After almost disappearing up my own backside trying to follow the road markings, I concluded, TIT, ignore the road markings and do my own thing. I did this, without the numerous security guards blocking the correct route even raising an eyelid, and parked the car.

My question is.................... Was this a one-off? Can you normally enter the car park this way, and move to any level? If the answer to that is no, then no big deal, there are other routes.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

BB, where exactly was the barrier? I often take that route to avoid u-turns and the like and I follow the road to the main entrance of the car park that takes you in at ground floor level the same as if entering via Petchkasem. I can't see how they can block a municipal road with a barrier?
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The barrier was on the road just as I approached the Northern side of the shopping mall. I too thought I would carry on to the Southern side. As I said, there were also barriers blocking routes through the car parks as well. It felt like a huge wind up, but of course, it wasn't.

I'm sure it's still on my dashcam.

Points 41; Position 18
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Big Boy wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:05 am The barrier was on the road just as I approached the Northern side of the shopping mall. I too thought I would carry on to the Southern side. As I said, there were also barriers blocking routes through the car parks as well. It felt like a huge wind up, but of course, it wasn't.

I'm sure it's still on my dashcam.
I'll make some enquiries later. I was there yesterday and didn't see any barriers in the car parks, apart from the usual sponsored parking, but I entered and left via Petch road and only went from ground to the 1st floor.
Talk is cheap
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

That barrier is to keep traffic from heading north along the one way road. Its not about parking at Bluport.
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

On another note, it appears Bluport is in trouble. A lot of empty space there now.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

RCer wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:14 pm That barrier is to keep traffic from heading north along the one way road. Its not about parking at Bluport.
It was the Southbound lane that was blocked with a clear arrow pointing left.

Is that road one way? I've regularly used it North and South :oops: . I've seen the stretch that passes MV is one way, but never seen restrictions on the 94 to 102 stretch.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

RCer wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:15 pm On another note, it appears Bluport is in trouble. A lot of empty space there now.
I'm not a regular visitor to Bluport, but I go there occasionally. Last night was the first time ever that I've seen the store busy with shoppers, as opposed to rubberneckers. We had to buy milk on the way home, and Mrs BB was queuing for about 10 minutes at the checkouts. It was like a real shop for a change :D

Points 41; Position 18
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Big Boy wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:34 pm
RCer wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:15 pm On another note, it appears Bluport is in trouble. A lot of empty space there now.
I'm not a regular visitor to Bluport, but I go there occasionally. Last night was the first time ever that I've seen the store busy with shoppers, as opposed to rubberneckers. We had to buy milk on the way home, and Mrs BB was queuing for about 10 minutes at the checkouts. It was like a real shop for a change :D
Yes, it's kind of ironic that as the (mainly) samller shops close, especially in the basement, that they are finally seeing higher footfall. But I suspect it's seasonal.
Talk is cheap
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Big Boy wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:29 pm
It was the Southbound lane that was blocked with a clear arrow pointing left.

Is that road one way? I've regularly used it North and South :oops: . I've seen the stretch that passes MV is one way, but never seen restrictions on the 94 to 102 stretch.
That's interesting. The other day the northbound lane was blocked and the southbound you had to squeeze by to get into Bluport.

We tend to go there fairly often. We like the foodcourt, especially the noodle vendor that has roasted duck.