Hua Hin Bluport Mall news, events and updates

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Hua Hin Bluport Mall news and updates

Post by hhinner »

In here now. It's absolutely packed out. Parking is totally insufficient, cars parked on the down ramps, double parking like you see in Bangkok. And, of course people driving through no entry signs. We came down the back soi from soi 94 and straight into bluport. That was a bit slow because it's not wide enough for two way traffic. It's too noisy in here, but my wife is loving it.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

hhinner wrote:In here now. It's absolutely packed out. Parking is totally insufficient, cars parked on the down ramps, double parking like you see in Bangkok. And, of course people driving through no entry signs. We came down the back soi from soi 94 and straight into bluport. That was a bit slow because it's not wide enough for two way traffic. It's too noisy in here, but my wife is loving it.

hhinner Very noisy. :(

:cheers:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thinking back to my visit, I didn't see the 10 pin bowling. Was it there and I didn't see it? Or was the talk just a viscous rumour?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: RE: Re: Hua Hin Bluport Mall news and updates

Post by hhinner »

Khundon1975 wrote:
hhinner wrote:In here now. It's absolutely packed out. Parking is totally insufficient, cars parked on the down ramps, double parking like you see in Bangkok. And, of course people driving through no entry signs. We came down the back soi from soi 94 and straight into bluport. That was a bit slow because it's not wide enough for two way traffic. It's too noisy in here, but my wife is loving it.

hhinner Very noisy. :(

:cheers:
Even the music in the toilets was really loud; certainly too loud for contemplation if one is that way inclined. One good point was the comfortable chairs at some points, e.g. outside H&M and Uniqlo stores. Also good free Wi-Fi throughout the mall.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Big Boy wrote:Thinking back to my visit, I didn't see the 10 pin bowling. Was it there and I didn't see it? Or was the talk just a viscous rumour?
It's not in the directory on the website.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

hhinner wrote:
Big Boy wrote:Thinking back to my visit, I didn't see the 10 pin bowling. Was it there and I didn't see it? Or was the talk just a viscous rumour?
Just a rumour. They have had these elsewhere and they flopped.
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Strange,because people seemed to be speaking about it with some authority. No hardship to me, because as much as I used to enjoy playing, I rarely did because of the shoes issue - could rarely find a size 14, so I gave up trying.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:laugh: :oops: I've just looked back on the original thread to see who started the rumour. It was me. :shock: :oops: I've no idea where that came from - sorry guys :bow: :bow: :bow:
Big Boy wrote:I've been told by a fairly reliable source today that the bowling alley will rise from the ashes at Bluport. However, as everything else seems to be a secret about Bluport, the rumour is just that.

Points 48; Position 18
Nothappyjan

Post by Nothappyjan »

Wife wanted to have a look at Bluport, so off we went on Saturday afternoon. It was not an enjoyable experience because of the loud music and the large number of shop spruikers trying to outdo each other. Lots of people ogling the surroundings but couldn't see too many spending any money.
I had a look at the sporting equipment and was gob smacked by the outrageously high prices. Golf clubs which were 3 times the price of what you would pay in Australia. Nike shoes which were priced at around 60% more than you would pay at any Nike store in Australia.
In my opinion the prices being charged are not sustainable.
I think that come the end of the month a large number of shops will be in financial stress with little turnover and probably high rents to pay.
Yesterday we went to MV, it was very quiet until we went into Tescos which was full of shoppers spending money.
That is the difference!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I think we have to remember that most people in there at the moment are purely rubber necking. Many locals will not have the money to pay their prices. This mall is aimed more at Bangkok customers I feel, so after the initial manic period, it will become a weekend and holiday venue.

Hopefully this fad of teams of people wandering around chanting for their particular restaurant like bunches of football thugs will end soon as well. As I said earlier, IMHO the best bit was when the Sizzler thugs encountered the MK thugs and the cheese toastie had a scrap with the duck. The noise they generated is awful, and certainly puts me off going into those particular restaurants.

Points 48; Position 18
Three
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Three »

Bluport sounds truly awful.

Is there any reason to go there? (Other than placating a Thai wife, or out of wretched curiosity?)

I mean are there any positives at all? (Other than the malls obvious appeal for masochists?)

Please. Just one thing that would cause a guy to get his hopes up for something interesting or of good value, quality, or creative worth.

I suppose "mildly inspiring" is asking waaaaay too much.

How about just one thing that a guy has not seen 400,000 times already in Thailand. Just one measly thing ... doesn't even have to be good.

A bathroom hand dryer that works, a Chinaman depicted on a crucifix, a fat girl working at the Dairy Queen ...
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No, I don't think you'll see anything that you haven't seen in Thailand already. It is certainly something new for Hua Hin, and if you like wandering around shops, it's a god send. Personally it's one of the more acceptable shops that I've been in, mainly because of the variety of soft seating to park my oversize backside on while Mrs BB is shopping. Thankfully, the prices are so outrageous, there is little chance of her spending any money - she's a tight git like me, although she would call it careful.

Mrs BB has found a stall that sells Kanom Jean (my spelling, so probably miles away), which is crab curry with cold noodles (my description as well :D ). She loves this for breakfast, so we went back for the 2nd day in succession. There's a comfy settee about 10 yards away so I just sit and watch the talent world go by.

After breakfast, she decided to look for a little back pack that she can wear on her back while shopping, instead of carrying a handbag. Well, I wandered with her for a while - I guess the average price was 5,000 Baht (2 weeks wages for many Thais), I couldn't help but laugh at the poor assistants trying to justify the crazy price - one shop had their mini back pack priced at 6,290 Baht. Mrs BB was so shocked that she wanted to make a quick exit, and tried to force me through a plate glass window - the glass must have been clean because she genuinely couldn't see it. Fortunately, it was strong glass as well. She actually avoided the dearer shops (brand names) completely - we weren't going to take out a mortgage.

No sign of the football hooligans wandering around cheering for their favourite restaurants today. My phone has a decibel app, so I measured the noise level a few times. Worst place was the car park, where it was 89 decibels. Quietest place was sitting on the sofa waiting for Mrs BB to finish her breakfast where it was about 70 decibels. I would say it was averaging about 78 decibels today, which was quite comfortable.

With the initial rush over, car parking (entry and exit) was much more sensible today.

Points 48; Position 18
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Well prices cannot be higher than in MV for same items I believe. If that's the case they will soon have to close down. Like sporting goods sold in the basement in MV. They have most of the brands there (shoes etc.). If the sport shops in Bluport are more expensive, of course people will buy in MV.

I'm currently overseas working so I don't know what is there, but personally I hope they have more shops like in the big malls in Bangkok, and they get the new merchandise when it is released like they do in Bangkok. Too many times have I asked for certain stuff in MV just to be told that I need to go Bangkok to get that ;-)
YNWA
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

We didn't look for the same item in Market Village, so I really don't know. We tried about 2 dozen outlets looking for a mini back pack - they were all grossly overpriced.

In the supermarket area, which I do know prices elsewhere, it's like most supermarkets, some things more expensive, some things cheaper.

On the top floor, electrical goods look competitively priced. Outside of that I can't really say.

If you like the Bangkok malls, I think you'll love this one. I don't do shopping, so I can't comment on the majority of goods, but I think Mrs BB has put the first floor on her blacklist :D .

Points 48; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote:We didn't look for the same item in Market Village, so I really don't know. We tried about 2 dozen outlets looking for a mini back pack - they were all grossly overpriced.

In the supermarket area, which I do know prices elsewhere, it's like most supermarkets, some things more expensive, some things cheaper.

On the top floor, electrical goods look competitively priced. Outside of that I can't really say.

If you like the Bangkok malls, I think you'll love this one. I don't do shopping, so I can't comment on the majority of goods, but I think Mrs BB has put the first floor on her blacklist :D .
Who is operating the supermarket, and do they stock any unique items you can't get elsewhere, or is it just a case of comparing prices?