Hua Hin Bluport Mall news, events and updates

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Hua Hin Blu Port Mall in the pipelines

Post by dtaai-maai »

Mine was addressed to 'Dear Sir or Madam'. I think these are hit-and-miss blanket mailings.
This is the way
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

In that case, no problem. I was starting think personal details being leaked. Certainly, anybody with my details should not be sharing with anybody. Even if I buy online, its always in Mrs BB's name.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote:In that case, no problem. I was starting think personal details being leaked. Certainly, anybody with my details should not be sharing with anybody. Even if I buy online, its always in Mrs BB's name.
But it doesn't need an Einstein to work out that if there's a Mrs BB living at an address, there's probably a Mr BB living there too?
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

got an invitation too and it was was addressed to "Dear Honored Guest" !!!!!!!!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote:
Big Boy wrote:In that case, no problem. I was starting think personal details being leaked. Certainly, anybody with my details should not be sharing with anybody. Even if I buy online, its always in Mrs BB's name.
But it doesn't need an Einstein to work out that if there's a Mrs BB living at an address, there's probably a Mr BB living there too?
Possibly, but we've not heard of such an invitation being sent to any of our Thai friends either.

However, your point, brings me back to my original question - how could they know who lives where? I guess there could be an electoral roll in the public domain, but outside of that somebody would have to be providing the information, If they are using the electoral role, they'd be pretty lucky to find the named person at that address e.g. my daughter has lived in Hua Hin for 15 years, but her name appears on an electoral role in Isaan.

If they are being sent to "Dear Honored Guest" and "Dear Sir or Madam" it all makes sense.

Points 41; Position 18
buksida

Post by buksida »

Finding farangs is easy - immigration has all the details, and they're not known to have the most secure computer systems!

Finding Thais is usually done via mobile phone service providers who have been known to sell personal data.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Big Boy wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote:
Possibly, but we've not heard of such an invitation being sent to any of our Thai friends either.

However, your point, brings me back to my original question - how could they know who lives where? I guess there could be an electoral roll in the public domain, but outside of that somebody would have to be providing the information, If they are using the electoral role, they'd be pretty lucky to find the named person at that address e.g. my daughter has lived in Hua Hin for 15 years, but her name appears on an electoral role in Isaan.

If they are being sent to "Dear Honored Guest" and "Dear Sir or Madam" it all makes sense.
BB, electoral roll = house registration.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Is it in the public domain?

Points 41; Position 18
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I don't think we should be considering UK like DP rules here, do such regs even exist?
Talk is cheap
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Big Boy wrote:Is it in the public domain?
I'll bet it could be - for the right fee. Whether officially or unofficially I have no idea.

At election times the lists are pinned up outside polling stations for anyone to look at.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

caller wrote:I don't think we should be considering UK like DP rules here, do such regs even exist?
DP - data protection? No DP law here as such, though there are laws governing confidentiality in particular industries. The NBTC is taking a look at AIS for the recent breach by one of its staff. Will the business world join in Thailand's digital economy dream without a comprehensive DP law such as exist in UK? Maybe, maybe not.
If there were such a law immigration would have to examine its paper recycling policy. :)
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've been reading elsewhere that these discount cards are specifically for expats, and the letters are only being sent to expats. So what other expat info is being handed out/obtained? Maybe they'll be able to do our shopping/spend our money without us - at least we'll get a discount :? .

I guess I should be pleased I've not received one - maybe my personal data is safe for now.

Points 41; Position 18
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

I'm really looking forward to joining the hundreds of vehicles traveling south trying to make a u-turn to go to blu port mall (maul).
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

^^ Yeah, and all the traffic looking to u-turn to go south after coming out of there.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Anyone living in the soi 102 area will be able to enjoy the rear access without touching Petchkasem.