Just returned from Hua Hin

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Dan1
Amateur
Amateur

Just returned from Hua Hin

Post by Dan1 »

Thought I would just mention a few places that made my recent 2 week stay in Hua Hin very enjoyable. First up I stayed at Jings in Soi Selakem. A great, well run, and clean Guest House with Jing and her staff making sure you stay is all that it should be. Set back from the Soi it has a nice little garden/seating area. Second I spent most of my afternoons (and a few evenings) at The Romantic Bar in Soi Bintabaht. Again Chris the owner and his wife (I think Poom?) run a good hassle free bar and it was a great place to relax and watch the Soi come to life. Third up I would recommend a Thai eating joint down on the Soi that runs between Binta and Selakem. It is a little kitchen style place that is part of the Join One Bar. Cheaper but on par for quality and quantity with the restaurants on Soi Poolsuk by the Temple wall. Most of the girls from the bars use it so that tells you a lot. You can eat in there or any of the other bars in the vicinity as they will deliver to you. Well needless to say it is very depressing to return to a couple of inches of snow after having the sun on my back for those 2 weeks. I originally intended to spend 5 days in Hua Hin which I then extended to 10 days. I then extended it to 12 days and then though sod it make it 15. The 3 things mentioned above all made it easy for me to extend my stay. It had been nearly 6 years since I had last been in Hua Hin and I had forgotten the Sabia Sabia nature of the place. There has been a lot of construction in my absence but apart from that nothing had really changed, though there definitely was a lot more ladyboys than I can remember. Talking of ladyboys on the 1st of March one from the Caddyshack Bar one 8 million Baht on the lottery. Needless to say he is one happy chappie. Hopefully see you next year.

Dan
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Re: Just returned from Hua Hin

Post by SunandFun »

Thanks for the report Dan. Glad you enjoyed some of the offerings in Hua Hin. I know you'll be back.
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if people could learn to mange their stupidity!
bonnielass
Professional
Professional

Post by bonnielass »

Isn't it funny how you get bitten by the bug in Hua Hin.
I am not talking about biting insects.
Dan1, I feel the same as you every time I visit HH, I never want to leave.
Can't quite put my finger on it.

Have been to most of the major resorts in LOS, and whilst I enjoyed my time, I was never champing at the bit to either extend my stay or get back there, the way I do in HH.

And one of the best bits is each time I go, I discover a new back street gem of a bar or a restaurant.
The town is a bit like a Tardis, it seems small on the outside, but it's much bigger once you start to explore.

Just love it! :cheers:

BL
Ye canny shove yer Grannie off a bus....
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

DAN, enjoyed our good natter. Glad you enjoyed yourself. You'll be back :cheers:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Dan1
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Dan1 »

@ SunandFun. Thanks.

@Bonnielass. Definitely I think it has all the good things about Thailand and not too many of the bad things. I take it from your name that we are both Scottish?

@Richard. Likewise I enjoyed the natter with yourself and Chris. Hopefully the next time I'm over won't be one of your dry days and we can have a beer together.

Left Hua Hin on Thursday just gone and got into Glasgow on Friday. It is now Sunday and I thought about going out for a beer, and then thought - naw. Not really the same is it.

Dan
bonnielass
Professional
Professional

Post by bonnielass »

yes Dan, Scottish but been living in slightly warmer climes for the past few years.
Hoping eventually to hang up my boots in HH.

:cheers: :cheers:

BL
Ye canny shove yer Grannie off a bus....
Lee1975
Professional
Professional

Post by Lee1975 »

Dan, glad to hear you had a good time. Yeah Hua Hin does do that to you. I eat alot from Join one bar, the food there is one of the best, in my opinion. I spend a lot of time in Tiger bar opposite and order food from Join one and they bring it over to me. Also, i have stayed at Jings for many years now and I agree, Jing, Peter and the staff look after you. I am sure you'll be back very soon.
Not the best of weather to come back too mate, feel for ya
The only things I regret are the things I didn't do
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here Dan-lad..Remember to bring your MTB-gear next time & I'll take you out on some good trails..(in the mornings, so you can still spend time with the girls in the bar in the afternoons as usual..lol!! :wink: )..Cheers now..save-up & get yer-sen back over.. :cheers:
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

Nice post Dan. I will have to check out the restaurant. Sounds good.
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
Dan1
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Dan1 »

Thanks for the comments guys and girls.

@Chris. I'm hoping to be back out in September or October and I will take you up on the biking. I'm sure the girls won't miss me too much.