Vana Nava Hua Hin Water Jungle

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Hua Hin Water Jungle in 2014

Post by GLCQuantum »

I hope they have one of these at Vana Nava soon. :D

Breaking three world records, The 'Skycalibar' slide due to open next year has a thirty foot 'loop the loop' and speeds sliders down at 50 mph. :shock:

Pictures of what it will look like in link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -drop.html
KowPatGai
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Hua Hin Water Jungle in 2014

Post by KowPatGai »

I visited on NYE, it was pretty busy. Getting there wasn't easy, their website talked of shuttle buses being available all over Hua Hin but after standing outside Market Village for a while none were forthcoming. Eventually got a passing bus that was heading in that direction.

There was a lot of queuing for dingy's, many of the slides require a certain dingy which isn't easy to lug up many flights of stairs but that aside no complaints, both me and my date had a lot of fun. The band rehearsing in the car park for their New years celebrations sounded good as well!

For the return trip to our room managed to share a "taxi" back for 200B to Soi 61 with a Thai couple.
buksida

Re: Vana Nava Hua Hin Water Jungle

Post by buksida »

Hua Hin water park honoured
Within just half a year of opening, the Vana Nava Hua Hin water park recently celebrated a great success after being named one of the 10 best tourist attractions in Thailand for 2015 as voted by Chinese tourists.

The voting campaign and awards ceremony was organised by the Tourism Authority of Thailand in cooperation with King Power International and the largest Chinese online media operator, SINA Corp in Shanghai.

"I would like to say thank you to TAT and to other supporters of this award, especially all the Chinese tourists who voted for Vana Nava Hua Hin," the park's executive director Proudputh Liptapanlop said.

"This award not only gives our management and staff great pleasure, it is also a reflection of the popularity of the Hua Hin area in tourists' eyes.

"The vision of our company has not been solely to develop the property for our immediate gain, but for the larger long term benefits to the community, pushing Hua Hin up to be a well known and a world-class travel destination."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/busines ... 62785.html
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

My wife and son, niece and father and mother in law, went to Vana Nava water park this afternoon and had a thoroughly good time. :D

Tickets only cost Baht 1000 for the wife, Baht 1200 for the 2 kids (both to tall for free entry :cry: ) and Baht 1200 (over 60) for the two Grandparents.
FIL is always up for a laugh but MIL is very straight laced and I was very surprised that she went on the water slides, but she did and screamed all the way down. After the first slide, she kept going back for more.

As in laws, they are great and work really hard to entertain the grand children.
There was a photographer on site, who took loads of pictures of them on all the slides, can't wait to see them. :lach:

Good to see Hua Hin is catering for families, more than it used to, way back in the early 2000's

:cheers:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Vana Nava Voted Amongst Top 10 Thai Best Tourist Attractions 2015
Within just a half year of opening, Vana Nava Hua Hin Water Park, led by General Manager Mike Fijas, management and staff recently celebrated their great success in achieving recognition among the Top 10 Thailand Best Tourist Attractions 2015, voted by Chinese visitors to Thailand. “We have positioned Vana Nava to be one of the best water parks in Asia and this recognition has strengthened our marketing efforts.

We operate the park with international standards, from attractions, hospitality, being environmentally friendly, and especially to safety. We are proud to learn that our visitors are pleased and happy with our efforts and that they have helped us spread the news to their friends and family.”

“We will soon open our 20th attraction, our fantastic Underwater Studio, so plan your holiday to Hua Hin and be prepared for the next level of Splashtacular Fun,” said Mike Fijas, General Manager. This award is organized by the Tourism Authority of Thailand in cooperation with King Power International Co., Ltd. and SINA Corporation Co., Ltd., the online media company serving China and the global Chinese communities, which has over 600 million members around the world who voted via weibo.com during 8th-29th May 2015.

Source: Hua Hin Today
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

For the 7. birthday of our grandchild we decided to go to the water jungle. I knew from internet that children over 122 cm can ride on all attractions and she is now 123 cm. So I expected to pay 3000 Baht at the entrance, but they told us that the child cannot go on most of the attractions, because she is too thin!!! So I asked how thick she must be and they said she must have more weight. I asked how much and where is this written. Then the lady got another lady from the bureau and she said the child must have 40 kilos!! Think of a 123 cm child with 40 kilos, must be very fat. Then we stopped arguing and got our money back. We did not want to pay 2600 Baht and money for food only for looking our grandchild going on baby sliders. Then we went to Black Mountain Water park, paid 1500 Baht (600 adult, 300 child) and the child could go even on the steep and fast rides which she enjoied very much.
Juice81

Post by Juice81 »

Yes, we also got familiar with all the regulations. Our older daughter, now 6, is a bit shy and she didn't want to go to the water fortress on her own with the staff spraying water and stuff. My wife, who is quite small about 150 cm tall and weighting very little, tried to go with her but then the supervisors started to whistle with their whistles and pointing on them. It took forever to convince our daughter that it is okay to go to the smaller slides and things and not to get scared...I think the best thing was the artificial beach, there the kids really relaxed and enjoyed. I took the aqua loop and it was literally the scariest thing I've ever done, I thought I was going to die when they dropped me. :shock:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've just read the water park is closed for 2 days (22nd and 23rd) due to an electrical problem.

Source: Tourism Authority of Thailand
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18