Power outage in Hua Hin?

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
ridgeydidge.au

Power outage in Hua Hin?

Post by ridgeydidge.au »

Heard an explosion and power went out around 4.30 opposite soi 53. Any one experiencing same lack of electricity? hope to gods there is no one stuck in a condo lift!
ridgeydidge.au

Re: power outage

Post by ridgeydidge.au »

restored now, must have been very localised
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

All condos in Hua-Hin have emergency backup generators to deal with such emergencies. :wink: :laugh:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Power outage in Hua Hin?

Post by hhinner »

Hi ridgeydidge.au.

The explosion you heard would be the pole-mounted transformer, that serves your area, blowing up. This happens a lot, usually during rain storms. PEA usually have them replaced within an hour or two. If you use a desktop computer you would be wise to have a UPS.
ridgeydidge.au

Post by ridgeydidge.au »

that is first class advice Hhinner, thanks for the heads up and info :thumb:
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Yes, we often have the same thing happening around here where we stay in Borfai. In fact, a box own by one of our neighbors regularly blows up, but rather due to rain, it's been due to ants building a nest inside. Since the box is on his own property, I think he actually has to pay for repairs and etc.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Telstar
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Telstar »

Haha it regurarly blows up? Well, nothing to do about that I guess:)
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Takiap wrote:All condos in Hua-Hin have emergency backup generators to deal with such emergencies. :wink: :laugh:
One always has to be careful with generalizing with statements.

There is no legal requirement for condos' in HH to have emergency back up generators. Even lifts (elevators for Americans) are not required to have back up power. All that is required is for back up power (UPS) to make emergency calls nothing more.

Of course any property owner may consider providing back up power however considering the cost few if any will do so except for emergency services.

I have reviewed this subject for a number of developments so unless you can advise which local ordinance you refer to I suggest you may be mistaken, I wish it where different.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali