Ignorance on Soi 102

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Hobiecat
Professional
Professional

Ignorance on Soi 102

Post by Hobiecat »

Well folks some of you on this site may see me on here from time to time. Lived in Thailand for 10 years now 6 of which where in HH and I don't often post things on this site as I am more of a reader but today I felt compelled to write.

My most enjoyable 10 years of living in the LOS was today upset by the rudeness and arrogance of a farang starting a new fitness business on soi 102. For the sake of the moderators no names are mentioned. My wife and I decided to stop on the way home from town and order some take out at a new pizza joint which has just opened on Soi 102 adjacent to a new fitness centre. We got off the bike ordered our pizza (which by the way was very good) I them stepped out side for a smoke at which time I was asked to leave the the property of the pizza establishment by the farang owner of the adjacent fitness centre. Now don't get me wrong here I respect anyone that doesn't want me to smoke near them and will gladly but out or move away if asked politely but this gentleman's manners I'll have to say where purely rude and hostile. Rude enough to the point he had tones in his body language of fiscal confrontation. :tsk: The sort you might say that's looking for a fight.

I find it strange that a person starting a new business here in town could be so ignorant? I would think starting a new business one would be a kind individual to attract business. :banghead: I've seen so many of these types come and go.

So if you happen to be traveling up Soi 102 and your car or truck is blowing a little to much smoke or you happen to pass wind (fart) or flick your cigarette out the window at the wrong time. Be careful you may have an irate :butt: hole farang on your hands. :thanks: Rant finished :rasta:
Last edited by Hobiecat on Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why is it called 'after dark' when it really is 'after light'?
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Ignorance on Soi 102

Post by richard »

Nationality?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Hobiecat
Professional
Professional

Post by Hobiecat »

American or Canadian me thinks.
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

I know the manager of the fitness gym,he's a good guy,and i'm sorry you were upset by his actions,i doubt he intentionally wanted to use any physical intimidation,in fact he is a very calm guy,and probably didnt get the message across to you in the appropriate manne.
I have been training with him back when he was at sam roi yod and have lost afew kilos doing a boot camp workout,hopefully it will fix my sore shoulders so i can get back to the golf course as well.
Hobiecat
Professional
Professional

Post by Hobiecat »

Well jingjoe.......I guess you got to see the good side of him. My impression is he was either having a bad day or he's just an every day azz! My wife who does not approve of me smoking and pretty much loves everyone left with the same impression.
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

Hobiecat wrote:My most enjoyable 10 years of living in the LOS was today upset by the rudeness and arrogance of a farang
Hobiecat, if this is the worst thing that's happened to you in 10 years I think you're doing damn good!!!!!
Don't let it bother you and you've got another 10 good years ahead till the next ar*ehole turns up.
:D
GN.
Hobiecat
Professional
Professional

Post by Hobiecat »

Good point an arse hole every 10 years.....I must be doing better than most. :wink:
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

richard wrote:Nationality?
Why is this important?
cheapercharlie
Warning
Warning

Post by cheapercharlie »

Whaa Whaa Whaa. What a crybaby! You are a typical, narcissistic, drug addict. And there is nothing worse than taking your drug away from you... so you seek revenge, like a coward. Someone please contact the owner of this business, so we can get his side of the story. Just take a deep breath, Hobiecat, relax, and go back to memorizing your 9-11 propaganda, so you have something to talk about today.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

I don`t know th OP nor the gym owner so I cannot express an opinion on this particular matter. However, some fitness afficionados and body builders do use steroids. Steroids can give a short fuse and a hot temper.
A friend is only one click away
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

centermid7 wrote:
richard wrote:Nationality?
Why is this important?
Rather than asking about nationality ask about social background and level of education. There are stupid people and bullies everywhere. :cheers:
A friend is only one click away
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

Phuck him, the OP was not on his property. What next from gym boy, a demand not to smoke on the beach?
Happiness can't buy money
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

johnnyk wrote:Phuck him, the OP was not on his property. What next from gym boy, a demand not to smoke on the beach?

I agree with you 100%. In fact, I might just pop along for a nice few smokes myself if I have the time or inclination.

I am bloody sick of the anti this and anti that brigade. I can't smoke, but the next fool can cruise around in his or her big 3.0 liter SUV which causes more pollution in 2 seconds than my cigarettes do in a year.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Forgive a light-hearted intervention, but I can't resist.
Hobiecat wrote: he had tones in his body language of fiscal confrontation.
Is that like when someone attax you? :laugh:
This is the way
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

cheapercharlie wrote:Whaa Whaa Whaa. What a crybaby! You are a typical, narcissistic, drug addict. And there is nothing worse than taking your drug away from you... so you seek revenge, like a coward. Someone please contact the owner of this business, so we can get his side of the story. Just take a deep breath, Hobiecat, relax, and go back to memorizing your 9-11 propaganda, so you have something to talk about today.

Drug addict? You've obviously experienced a very sheltered and boring life. :lach: :lach:

I'm not trying to be funny, but it seems you are the one that needs to relax. :D

Of course if you're in perfect physical shape, and you don't use or consume any addictive commodities, including cigarettes, alcohol, tea, coffee, sugar and etc, then I do understand how and why you would feel apathy towards the minority of people who aren't perfect. :bow:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact