Ignorance on Soi 102

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Ignorance on Soi 102

Post by Takiap »

dtaai-maai wrote:Forgive a light-hearted intervention, but I can't resist.
Hobiecat wrote: he had tones in his body language of fiscal confrontation.
Is that like when someone attax you? :laugh:

I was going to post something similar........but I resisted. :D :D
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

Takiap wrote:
dtaai-maai wrote:Forgive a light-hearted intervention, but I can't resist.
Hobiecat wrote: he had tones in his body language of fiscal confrontation.
Is that like when someone attax you? :laugh:

I was going to post something similar........but I resisted. :D :D

Simply brilliant!
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
Hobiecat
Professional
Professional

Post by Hobiecat »

cheapercharlie wrote:Whaa Whaa Whaa. What a crybaby! You are a typical, narcissistic, drug addict. And there is nothing worse than taking your drug away from you... so you seek revenge, like a coward. Someone please contact the owner of this business, so we can get his side of the story. Just take a deep breath, Hobiecat, relax, and go back to memorizing your 9-11 propaganda, so you have something to talk about today.
Well Mr. cheapcharlie look at it this way. Mr. cheapcharlie is sitting in a our door restaurant with his Misses. You happen to drop a fart that drifts over to a store owner next to the restaurant and offends someone. That someone comes over to the restaurant and ask you to go stand out on the street. What's Mr. cheapcharlie going to do? Are you going to pack up and go spend your 2 bt. at a different establishment when in fact you are perfectly in your right to fart in an out door restaurant? The point I making is where do some of these guys get off on governing there own form of a bylaw which states you can not smoke or fart in this case out side a restaurant or bar when in fact where outside and not even in the same establishment. Now if your talking about drugs? I suggest you pick your yaba up down in Binderbaht. :laugh:
Why is it called 'after dark' when it really is 'after light'?
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

In my experience this sort of situation is not unusual.

I know several restaurants that object to people smoking outside or close to their establishment. Very common in the night market.

I know one establishment on Petcha close to soi 80 that serves good English grub. Has tables inside and tables outside. The owner of the noodle cafe next door who is X-MIB and has connections complained in no polite manner of smokers sitting having their brekkie in the cafe. Rather than do battle with this objectionable Chinese/Thai neighbour the restaurant backed down and prohibited smoking outside and permitted smoking inside. Breaking the law (I believe) in the process as inside their is an air-con unit.

I can understand a fitness joint not wanting anybody in close proximity to the place standing outside smoking. HOWEVER, there are polite ways of solving these situations and I think the OP posted a valid complaint. Be nice to get a response from Mr. Muscles though
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Richard, surely if the "outside" tables are on the sidewalk, then the owner cannot insist that people don't smoke. After all, his/her tables are there illegally in the first place, and the last I heard, only legitimate government officials can place "no smoking" stickers in public areas, and only in areas which have officially been designated as no smoking zones.

What also baffles me is the fact that people will gladly sit at roadside tables eating while bikes, cars and trucks are constantly driving by, many bellowing out vast amounts of black smoke, but hey, the problem is with that smoker sitting in the corner.

Anyway, back to the OP.........he/she was not on the same property as the gym. Therefore, he/she should politely have suggested that Mr Stanley Steroid go and ......... :wink: :D

As a side note: I frequently eat at places in and around the Night Market and have never been questioned or made to feel uncomfortable because I smoke. Saying that, I do take others into consideration and wouldn't dream of lighting up if there are people eating at the same table or in close proximity.

Other than that, I couldn't care less about what others think of me smoking. I don't moan about people eating too much, being overweight, picking their noses, eating with their mouths open, and etc., so I don't see why they need to complain about smokers. Hey, I even keep my thoughts to myself when it comes to people wearing socks and flip-flops. :lach: :lach:

:thumb: :cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

johnnyk wrote:Phuck him, the OP was not on his property. What next from gym boy, a demand not to smoke on the beach?

:agree: not his establishment and even if someone wanted to smoke outside of his gym he hasn't got any right to give it the big one laying down the law because no law has been broken.
If he spoke to me like that and used aggressive body language I would have quite simply told him to f..k off.
I am not saying here that Heman has taken any substances but
as pointed out the miss use of steroids make people aggressive and just say if someone was pee tested under Thai law they can be prosecuted for ingesting an illegal substance just the same as possession of an illegal substance.
Maybe this person in question should be reminded that he is in Thailand and that he should take more of a mai pen rai attitude because if you want to be a big man or have a dispute things can go pair shaped very quickly.
Kendo. :tsk:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I know several restaurants that object to people smoking outside or close to their establishment.
I can understand that from a business perspective as cigarette smoke is a known appetite suppressant.
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Post by PBbeacher »

u guys should really go and meet the guy at the gym on soi 102.. all the posts hers are so off the mark its a joke (mr muscles? steroid use??). I had a good laugh listening to the other side of the story this morning. Why not go do the same rather than believe everything u read on here?
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

PBbeacher wrote:u guys should really go and meet the guy at the gym on soi 102.. all the posts hers are so off the mark its a joke (mr muscles? steroid use??). I had a good laugh listening to the other side of the story this morning. Why not go do the same rather than believe everything u read on here?
So what is the other side of the story please?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

PBbeacher wrote:u guys should really go and meet the guy at the gym on soi 102.. all the posts hers are so off the mark its a joke (mr muscles? steroid use??). I had a good laugh listening to the other side of the story this morning. Why not go do the same rather than believe everything u read on here?

Why don't you post the other version of events, just to balance this then as the old saying go's " theirs two sides to every story" or invite the person in question to share his side of the story.

Kendo. :roll:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Hobiecat
Professional
Professional

Post by Hobiecat »

I'm not to sure where the steroid idea came in here but the fact remains Mr. Muscle could probably do with some edict when dealing with people in front of his shop. I to welcome him to hear his side of the story. As I mentioned earlier my wife also left disgusted with this gentleman.
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

i can't believe this post is still going....the other side of the story is ...there is a non smoking sign on the wall which hobiecat was smoking under.The gym owner asked him to move to the restaurant side if he wanted to smoke,hobie cat got his nose out of joint and started postulating around and started blabbering this is thailand i can smoke where i want,thats why i don't live in my country too many rules...the gym owner said well the smoke is coming in to my gym please move to the other side.
The gym owner is not a drug user or even a drinker,he is a very calm guy,he is fit looking like an athlete ,not a body builders body.
Im an ex smoker,but i hoped i showed a little courtesy when i did,and not smoke in the doorway of a business,not everyone enjoys the smell of tobacco.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Thanks for that.
Takes two to tango I guess
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

Hobiecat
Professional
Professional

Post by Hobiecat »

jingjoe wrote:i can't believe this post is still going....the other side of the story is ...there is a non smoking sign on the wall which hobiecat was smoking under.The gym owner asked him to move to the restaurant side if he wanted to smoke,hobie cat got his nose out of joint and started postulating around and started blabbering this is thailand i can smoke where i want,thats why i don't live in my country too many rules...the gym owner said well the smoke is coming in to my gym please move to the other side.
The gym owner is not a drug user or even a drinker,he is a very calm guy,he is fit looking like an athlete ,not a body builders body.
Im an ex smoker,but i hoped i showed a little courtesy when i did,and not smoke in the doorway of a business,not everyone enjoys the smell of tobacco.
This is truly trivial and I am the first one to admit it. The fact remains "not for one milli second was I in front of Mr Muscle's shop". :bullshit: Hence my reluctance to move or be asked to move out on to the street. For some reason the azz felt he had the right of governing the whole shop house complex when in fact the restaurant owner couldn't give a rat's azz if I was smoking in from of his restaurant as Mr Muscle had suggested. As I mentioned I'll do anything for someone is asked politely. My wife who's english is no less than perfect is presently standing here chuckling in your attempt of defence. Pass on to Mr. Muscle, try speaking to his customers in the same manner and see how much business he get's if you feel the need to be his pigeon. I'm done! :thanks:
Last edited by Hobiecat on Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Well we can all put it down to the heat and humidity can't we

Road rage, pavement rage etc

A one off for JHC's sake................chill guys please :|
RICHARD OF LOXLEY