Ignorance on Soi 102

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Re: Ignorance on Soi 102

Post by jingjoe »

Im just passing on the other side of it...but seems to me no incident would of occurred rightly or wrongly if you had shown some etiquette and had smoked far enough away from an eatery and a gym so as not too bother people,and if you did upset people be man enough to realize your actions set the wheels in motion,and take it on the chin and leave it at that.
VeniceBeach

Post by VeniceBeach »

jingjoe wrote:i can't believe this post is still going....the other side of the story is ...there is a non smoking sign on the wall which hobiecat was smoking under.The gym owner asked him to move to the restaurant side if he wanted to smoke,hobie cat got his nose out of joint and started postulating around and started blabbering this is thailand i can smoke where i want,thats why i don't live in my country too many rules...the gym owner said well the smoke is coming in to my gym please move to the other side.
The gym owner is not a drug user or even a drinker,he is a very calm guy,he is fit looking like an athlete ,not a body builders body.
Im an ex smoker,but i hoped i showed a little courtesy when i did,and not smoke in the doorway of a business,not everyone enjoys the smell of tobacco.

What`s the Name of the gym. Is it realy a new one or is it the @thletic gym ?
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

its new,its next to the new pizza place on the left hand side on the way to kido kindergaten school,,its not your typical weights only room,they want to have yoga and bootcamp style fitness with tractor tyres etc,i don't think you are allowed to name it because of advertising issues
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

jingjoe wrote:i don't think you are allowed to name it because of advertising issues
I'm pretty sure you can make recommendations, just as long as you aren't promoting your own business. That's really what the forum is all about.

EDIT: Having said that, I'm not sure "Ignorance on soi 102" is the best place to name it!
Of course, there's nothing to stop the owner becoming a sponsor...
This is the way
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

When was outdoor farting prohibited??
A friend is only one click away
Dan1
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Dan1 »

My friend was once sent home from a bbq for farting, and rightly so, as he was stinking- even the wood smoke couldn't cover it up. His wife stayed though and we all enjoyed the rest of the evening without him. I still don't let him live it down to this day. That saying he's got a few incidents on me as well, so he gives as good as he gets. Now that I think of it he was also a smoker. He's now given up the smoking but the farts are another matter all together.
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

I guess the pizza place is the one that was next door to café 99 (further up soi 102), and re-opened up where he is now a week or 2 ago ? 3 letter name ? used to do good pizzas.
nickswift

Post by nickswift »

Hobiecat wrote:Well folks some of you on this site may see me on here from time to time. Lived in Thailand for 10 years now 6 of which where in HH and I don't often post things on this site as I am more of a reader but today I felt compelled to write.

My most enjoyable 10 years of living in the LOS was today upset by the rudeness and arrogance of a farang starting a new fitness business on soi 102. For the sake of the moderators no names are mentioned. My wife and I decided to stop on the way home from town and order some take out at a new pizza joint which has just opened on Soi 102 adjacent to a new fitness centre. We got off the bike ordered our pizza (which by the way was very good) I them stepped out side for a smoke at which time I was asked to leave the the property of the pizza establishment by the farang owner of the adjacent fitness centre. Now don't get me wrong here I respect anyone that doesn't want me to smoke near them and will gladly but out or move away if asked politely but this gentleman's manners I'll have to say where purely rude and hostile. Rude enough to the point he had tones in his body language of fiscal confrontation. :tsk: The sort you might say that's looking for a fight.

I find it strange that a person starting a new business here in town could be so ignorant? I would think starting a new business one would be a kind individual to attract business. :banghead: I've seen so many of these types come and go.

So if you happen to be traveling up Soi 102 and your car or truck is blowing a little to much smoke or you happen to pass wind (fart) or flick your cigarette out the window at the wrong time. Be careful you may have an irate :butt: hole farang on your hands. :thanks: Rant finished :rasta:
Please dont flick your cigarette out the window
Hobiecat
Professional
Professional

Post by Hobiecat »

jingjoe wrote:Im just passing on the other side of it...but seems to me no incident would of occurred rightly or wrongly if you had shown some etiquette and had smoked far enough away from an eatery and a gym so as not too bother people,and if you did upset people be man enough to realize your actions set the wheels in motion,and take it on the chin and leave it at that.
Far enough mate but just remember with your words in mind. Next time you have the urge to fart out side a restaurant would you be kind enough to step out to the road so you don't offend myself or anyone else. Heaven forbid your standing in front of a gym (again :bullshit:) because that would be truly impolite. It's a free world bud and I'm perfectly in my right to do what I want when and where I want. As stated before etiquette or lack there of was at the hands of Mr. Muscle. :bow: :rasta: Flock two host!
Last edited by Hobiecat on Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Why is it called 'after dark' when it really is 'after light'?
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Maybe Mr.Muscle is an ex smoker,which some times is the worst asho..s.

I stop smoking for 1 1/2 years now after 35 years on the fag :D ,but I promise my self, if I ever start bitching about peoble smoking in my present or around me , I start smoke on the spot. :(

:cheers: :cheers:
STEKFLIT
Rookie
Rookie

Post by STEKFLIT »

Strange. On soi 94, you have a pizza (delicious) adjacent to a gym as well.
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Post by PBbeacher »

The comparison between smoking and farting is utterky absurd.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I think it was intended to be.
The entire thread is a tad bizarre...

You can almost feel the testosterone oozing from the monitor! :laugh:

Still, let's all "man up", eh?
This is the way
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

I'm wondering if it could just be a misunderstanding about where you could or could not smoke? Usually these things start politely, then if one side doesn't get the response he's looking for, it can escalate.

I know the owner and agree he's a good guy. Certainly no steroid user. Incredibly fit and 'ripped' for his age. Ditch the fags and sign up to his gym. Better than badmouthing him publicly. Not good for his business or your own personal safety.

Gym owners are the wrong people to pick a fight with. They can outrun you. :idea:
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

There is a full explanation of the incident from the gym owner elsewhere online. He mentions this forum as well but probably realized that the way he phrased his explanation would be self promoting so he has not bothered to explain here. If he is still reading I suggest to him that he opens and advertorial thread here not only to advertise but so that he can post his side of the story.

Anyway, he sounds like a reasonable guy who just believes in a healthy lifestyle and is against smoking on his own (rented) property, just asking people to move off to smoke, so you can draw your own opinions.
Last edited by hhfarang on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?