Hua Hin Video thread

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
buksida

Hua Hin Video thread

Post by buksida »

We have photo threads so I thought I'd start one for Hua Hin videos since most cameras, smartphones and tablets these days can take them and it is so easy to upload and share them.

I'll kick it off with this ride-through I did yesterday:

Found a free video editor that is so simple to use, you cant do fancy stuff with it but its fine for cropping, adding text, and uploading direct to Youtube: http://www.ezvid.com

So if you have any Hua Hin videos you'd like to share please post them. Over time this thread will offer an interesting perspective on how the town has changed (wish I'd have done a vid of that same ride 15 years ago).
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PeteC

Re: Hua Hin Video thread

Post by PeteC »

One observation......I like the acceleration on that bike when you decided to punch it to get around a truck. Blink of an eye stuff. :D Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Nice video - the clarity is very good. I knew where you were all the way. As you say, it is an excellent snapshot of that part of Hua Hin. It gives us a great point of reference. It will be interesting to watch how things change over the coming years.

I hope others can provide similar check points, both now and of ears gone by. I'll have a look through my YouTube archives later to see if there's anything suitable.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Dan1
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Dan1 »

Nice video. Liked the music, which gave a very atmospheric feel along with the overcast sky.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

I hope you were wearing that lid buddy.

Kendo. :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Dan1 wrote:Nice video. Liked the music, which gave a very atmospheric feel along with the overcast sky.
YouTube complained about it so may have to remove the sound track even though it was a royalty free one.
kendo wrote:I hope you were wearing that lid buddy.
Never leave home without it. :mrgreen:

Will upload another ride-through of Soi 80 shortly. Anyone else got any vids?
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Here's a short video (uploaded before somewhere) I took whilst on holiday 3 years ago at the Soi 88 Railway Crossing. Even in that short time there is a considerable change to the skyline.

Also, they've changed the barrier style - it used to be entertaining watching the motorcyclists limbo on their motorcycles as the barrier dropped.

Oh, and yes, I have seen much worse chaos at this crossing since moving here.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The beach at Khao Takiab after the Nov 2010 storm:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Working my way through my archive, I found some footage going along part of the OP's route 17 months earlier:

Points 41; Position 18
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

This video is not from Hua Hin but these crazy Issan kids can ride just to keep this within topic I would ask you to take note of how good the roads are compared to Hua Hin. :mrgreen:

My thought
I would take that front number plate off that old school C90,as pulling stunts like that the plate could cut you in half. :) :shock: :cry:

Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

I have some interesting footage of Prachuap Kiri Khan taken from a mile up while doing a skydive in 2005 but it needs serious editing. What do you guys recommend as a simple easy to use editor please?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

buksida recommended this http://www.ezvid.com

Points 41; Position 18
buksida

Post by buksida »

The one that comes with Windows is pretty good, free, and very easy to use (there are some good tutorials on Youtube):
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... ovie-maker

Dont need Sony Vegas or any of that unless you are doing pro stuff.

Edit: I retract my recommendation for Ezvid as I have since discovered that it embeds its own music and ads into your videos.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Thanks. Time to get playing
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Here is a ride down Soi 80...

Didn't realise there are that many bars down what was once a quiet residential street!

Couldn't add music as YouTube flaps if you do!