loud music at night

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: loud music at night

Post by Homer »

hhfarang wrote:...I am a very light sleeper with very acute hearing. Without earplugs I think a lizard walking on the wall would wake me up... :shock: ...
Wow. I thought I was a light sleeper. The lizards* wake me only when they're banging.

On the wall, I mean.

* Yeah, I know they're geckos.
timdg

Post by timdg »

I think I will install an alarm on my house. Every time the music will be too load, I will turn it on, I will say it is triggered by the loud music. I will claim innocence as locals would. Perhaps that may work

I cannot join the party as they have loud music every night, that is actually the main issue, once a week would be no problem.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

timdg wrote:I think I will install an alarm on my house. Every time the music will be too load, I will turn it on, I will say it is triggered by the loud music. I will claim innocence as locals would. Perhaps that may work
...good luck
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

Pleng wrote:
timdg wrote:I think I will install an alarm on my house. Every time the music will be too load, I will turn it on, I will say it is triggered by the loud music. I will claim innocence as locals would. Perhaps that may work
...good luck
And....do tell us how much it costs to repair the outside alarm.

As has been mentioned, don't mess with the Thais. The odds are seriously stacked against you with actual confrontation.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I cannot join the party as they have loud music every night, that is actually the main issue, once a week would be no problem.
I think that your best option is to follow one of the previous replies and see if the hotel next to you has any influence with one of the senior officials who may be able to get the noise moderated. As others have indicated, you may get away with your alarm going off once, but if it happened every night you would no doubt face repercussions. You have my sympathy though, as I cannot stand it when any of our Thai neighbours has reason to party, fortunately not very often!!
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Probably the best option is either to move or enjoy the music.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
timdg

Post by timdg »

suppose I am not farang but a Thai

would all thai accept every loud noise from their neighbour? what would they do? or do the thais also shit in their pants, and let their neighbours do anything whatever the nuisance?
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

let their neighbours do anything whatever the nuisance?
Yes, welcome to Thailand.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

timdg wrote:suppose I am not farang but a Thai

would all thai accept every loud noise from their neighbour? what would they do? or do the thais also shit in their pants, and let their neighbours do anything whatever the nuisance?
Well, if you were Thai you could complain to the thetsaban. The thetsabahn has a web site which includes a form for making complaints or suggestions. I've seen complaints about neighbourhood noise on there as well as all sorts of other things. It doesn't mean anything gets done though :cry: - but sometimes it does. Of course... it's in Thai.:shock:
Here's the complaint page.
timdg

Post by timdg »

thanks I will ask my wife to take a look at it