loud music at night

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Re: loud music at night

Post by Vital Spark »

They've fixed the road, so the only things plunging into the pond are the poachers at night. :wink:

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
timdg

Post by timdg »

thanks! If police or others are not responsive, I guess the only solution is to install speakers ourselves, play louder music which scares away the tens of customers till the place is dead? If they can make noise, we probably can too?
VeniceBeach

Post by VeniceBeach »

How about leaving Thailand? That whould be a good option for everyone. Back in good old US or Europe you can live in silence and sue every bod that disturbes you
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

timdg wrote:thanks! If police or others are not responsive, I guess the only solution is to install speakers ourselves, play louder music which scares away the tens of customers till the place is dead? If they can make noise, we probably can too?
Scaring away customers will violate rule #1 of living in Thailand:
Never mess with someone's rice bowl.
Happiness can't buy money
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

johnnyk wrote:Scaring away customers will violate rule #1 of living in Thailand:
Sound advice, if you'll excuse the pun.

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

I agree with Homer... When returning to HH my bag will weigh nearly 30kg, but the all-important ear-plugs from my workplace will fill 1 pocket in my jacket..those things are my salvation!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Didn't people use candle wax in the old days? I guess the problem is getting it out. :shock: :duck:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

timdg wrote:thanks! If police or others are not responsive, I guess the only solution is to install speakers ourselves, play louder music which scares away the tens of customers till the place is dead? If they can make noise, we probably can too?
Not planning on living in Hua Hin very long, are you?! :shock:
zevon
Amateur
Amateur

Post by zevon »

johnnyk wrote:
Scaring away customers will violate rule #1 of living in Thailand:
I agree with the reply but in any event I doubt the proposed solution would work. The Thais imo have a far different view regarding noise pollution than westerners
timdg

Post by timdg »

it is not really a rice bowl, this place attracts 10 of thai hiso like people sitting in the garden next to us, it is more like a gold bowl.
additionally we own this place from before when they start that pub there, it is not that we came in and ask them to change what they are doing.
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

timdg wrote:it is not really a rice bowl, this place attracts 10 of thai hiso like people sitting in the garden next to us, it is more like a gold bowl.
additionally we own this place from before when they start that pub there, it is not that we came in and ask them to change what they are doing.
You still don't get it :banghead:
Someone is making money from it and you propose getting in the way and driving their customers away.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

That's one of the big problems with owning property here... no zoning laws. You can buy a home in a quiet place (other than the dogs which are everywhere) and anything can open up next door because there are no laws separating residential living areas from business areas (as there are in most western countries).
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm probably on my own, but to me this randomness is fascinating and one of the attractions here. I guess that I'm fortunate in that I can sleep through most noise.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I can sleep through most noise.
Like my wife, you are very lucky.

I am a very light sleeper with very acute hearing. Without earplugs I think a lizard walking on the wall would wake me up... :shock: Needless to say, the number of good night's sleep I've had in the last 10 years can be counted on my fingers. :(
Last edited by hhfarang on Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

When a party gets loud, get a bottle and ask if you can join in. Likely you'll be welcomed and the Thais will say to each other, "Somchai, they're not all assholes!"