Hua Hin is now among the top 10 popular destinations in Asia

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
buksida

Hua Hin is now among the top 10 popular destinations in Asia

Post by buksida »

Hua Hin resort is now among the top 10 popular destinations in Asia, according to TripAdvisor’s 2013 Travellers’ Choice Awards that focuses on “destinations on the rise”.

Released last week, the latest TripAdvisor awards indicate Hua Hin in Prachuap Khiri Khan province was ranked fifth following Kathmandu in Nepal; Sapporo in Japan; Hanoi in Vietnam; and Siem Reap in Cambodia.

The website said: “A favorite getaway for Bangkok residents, Hua Hin is a pretty beachside town. Family friendly and relaxed, it lacks the all-night partying and seedier aspects that make other nearby beach resorts a haven for unsavory characters.”

The remaining five destinations on the list were: Kota Kinabalu in Malaysia; Sanur in Indonesia; Macau in China; Jaipur in India; and Busan in South Korea.

The awards also identified 54 spots, worldwide, that have seen the greatest increase in positive traveller feedback and interest, year-over-year.

Asia has three cities listed in the worldwide category including Nepal’s Kathmandu (3), Japan’s Sapporo (7), and Vietnam’s Hanoi (8).

Source: TTR
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Hua Hin is now among the top 10 popular destinations in

Post by oakdale160 »

I don't understand this list. Are they talking numbers? HH gets more than HK, S'pore, Phuket, Pattaya etcetc????
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

oakdale160 wrote:I don't understand this list. Are they talking numbers? HH gets more than HK, S'pore, Phuket, Pattaya etcetc????
"TripAdvisor’s 2013 Travellers’ Choice™ Awards that focuses on “destinations on the rise”.

I can only assume that it is based on % increase in tourists and not actual numbers.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Crafack
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Crafack »

Bristolian wrote:
oakdale160 wrote:I don't understand this list. Are they talking numbers? HH gets more than HK, S'pore, Phuket, Pattaya etcetc????
"TripAdvisor’s 2013 Travellers’ Choice™ Awards that focuses on “destinations on the rise”.

I can only assume that it is based on % increase in tourists and not actual numbers.
Actually, they aren't basing their lists on anything assembling reality :-) They are measuring the number of reviews on their own site.

/Crafack
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

Crafack wrote:
Bristolian wrote:

Actually, they aren't basing their lists on anything assembling reality :-) They are measuring the number of reviews on their own site.

/Crafack
So only those of you who click onTripAdvisor participate in the poll.
Statistics are like a lightpole; good to lean on but gives damn little light.
A friend is only one click away
huahin123
Rookie
Rookie

Post by huahin123 »

I guess the secret is out!
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

huahin123 wrote:I guess the secret is out!
Not so much in the West, I've been based out of Hua Hin for over ten years now and I still find myself having to explain exactly where I live.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Anyone who has been living in or visiting Hua Hin for 10 or more years knows this just by the changes and growth in the city and it's visitors. Other than the train station, it doesn't even resemble the Hua Hin I first came to in 2003.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?