Bathing / swimming in the sea close to Hua Hin ?

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
tommy
Rookie
Rookie

Bathing / swimming in the sea close to Hua Hin ?

Post by tommy »

In theese days it's impossible to take a bath in the ocean here in Hua Hin, even if you go 100 meters out, the water just reaches you around your knees.
Anybody knows how far south I have to go before the conditions are better ? Is it the same in Pranburi ? or do i have to go all the way to Ko Thao to find some decent sea water to swim in ?
Advice is appreciated :)
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Re: Bathing / swimming in the sea close to Hua Hin ?

Post by Lung Per »

This forum has several entries on the subject. Here is one that may be helpful. http://huahinforum.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... es#p322865
For more, do a search.
:-)
A friend is only one click away
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

tommy, I'm over 6' 5" tall and don't have a problem. Not wanting to put a new poster off, but there's no easy way to say this, wait for the tide to come in.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Chromeman
Professional
Professional

Post by Chromeman »

Here you have the time/dates for the tides in Hua Hin.
tommy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tommy »

Lung Per wrote:This forum has several entries on the subject. Here is one that may be helpful.
For more, do a search.
:-)
Thanks for the answer, belive me I have done a lot of searching, I had alo read your link, but that is more about water quality. What I actually is wondering about is if there is any place, let's say within about 1 to 1,5 hours drive from Hua Hin where the water is deeper, so you can take a few steps, dive in and swim.

In many ways I like the beach in Hua Hin, I'm usualy going out to soi 77, the people and service there is great, but even how far I'm going out from the beach the water don't reaches me more than a few centimeters above my knees.
buksida

Post by buksida »

The little bay at Khao Tao (Had Sai Noi, 15km south of HH) has a deep drop off where swimming is good, unfortunately the crowds have found this gem of a spot over the past few years and it can get very busy in high season.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
tommy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tommy »

Thank you buksida, seems exactly what I was looking for, think I will try it tomorrow :)
Any chance you know what a fair price for a taxi down there would be ?
buksida

Post by buksida »

I wouldn't but someone else might, I'd estimate at about 300 baht.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

If you go to Cha-Am, drive right to the north end of the beach, park somewhere and walk along the southern most pier for about 100 metres, or more if you want even deeper water, you will find deep water where you can dive into off the rocks that make up the pier (diving to the southern side, not into the harbour side).
Usually very clear but we wary of some of the currents in that area, near the rocks the currents can be very strong.
tommy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tommy »

Thank you again buksida. I was there today, and it was exactly what I was looking for. I loved it! I have already booked my taxidriver to go again tomorrow. You saved my holliday :)
angelicaB
Novice
Novice

Post by angelicaB »

There are other options like you can have a pool. People enjoy swimming in a pool.
Gérard
Professional
Professional

Post by Gérard »

angelicaB wrote:There are other options like you can have a pool. People enjoy swimming in a pool.
Maybe some people enjoy swimming in a pool, but with the open sea nearby, I find a pool quite limited...
tommy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tommy »

angelicaB wrote:There are other options like you can have a pool. People enjoy swimming in a pool.
Yes, some people like that, and it's possible to do all around the world.
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Post by Frank La Rue »

I usually swim in the sea once a day whilst staying in Dusit Thani, it's a private stretch of beach, I know, but on both sides I think it is accessible. As I dont swim there regularly all year round I cannot say whether there sometimes are adverse conditions or not in the water.

I also enjoy parts of the childrens pool with my son, there is a spot there wher I can lay down and keep my nose tip just above water. In the heated water it is sooo soothing that my only concern is falling asleep and rolling over on the side.
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.