Any Young People In Hua Hin? 20 - 35 years old?

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
BritishKhaoThao
Novice
Novice

Any Young People In Hua Hin? 20 - 35 years old?

Post by BritishKhaoThao »

Are there any young people in Hua hin that are living here for more than just a few weeks? Ive only seen western people that are retired and upwards of 50 years old in Hua Hin.

Im 29 and in need of some friends who are around my age. Cant find any anywhere. Im not a party animal (I dont drink alcohol), im a chilled out guy. Looking for some friends to hang out with, go for a good meal, good conversations, trips here and there.

If your in your 20's or 30's and living in Hua Hin long term please chime in.

Thanks
Expat657
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Any Young People In Hua Hin? 20 - 35 years old?

Post by Expat657 »

At 38, I'm just to damn old!
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

JeanJean
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JeanJean »

What do you enjoy doing? A group of us 'young' (28-35) people are going kayaking on Sunday. Gimme a shout if you are keen to join
leaf
Rookie
Rookie

Post by leaf »

Hi Jean Jean, I'm not sure how to do a private message on this forum, but I would love to come Kayaking if it is open to new people? Are you hiring Kayaks? I am a 32 year old Aussie female new to town. Keen to meet active people around my age. Cheers,
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

leaf wrote:Hi Jean Jean, I'm not sure how to do a private message on this forum, but I would love to come Kayaking if it is open to new people? Are you hiring Kayaks? I am a 32 year old Aussie female new to town. Keen to meet active people around my age. Cheers,
5 more posts to go. Pete :cheers:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=15378

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10054

Due to recent levels of spam, unauthorized promotion of competing websites, and private message abuse we have modified the software for newly registered users.

New accounts with less than ten posts will be subjected to the following restrictions:

1) PM (private message) function will be disabled.
2) Signature function will be disabled.
3) Posting links and urls will be disabled.

This is an automated software security feature that will protect the board and its members from spammers and freeloaders. Once ten posts have been made all three functions will be automatically enabled, we apologise in advance for any inconvenience that this may cause new members to the board.

May we please remind you all that using the PM system to promote private or commercial property services or competing websites or services is strictly forbidden.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

After being the youngest forum member at the time (at the age of 24 I think) I am no longer a spring chicken and have hit the heights of 31. When I got here at 21, I went out alone and just kinda met people but... That was through drinking nights - something which you don't indulge in.

If you're into motorbikes we have members here that I'm sure would let you join in.

If you're into kitesurfing there are members here too.

If you are into snooker or pool there's plenty of chances to meet up with like minded people like yourself.

Failing finding someone of similar age to yourself, I'll just finish with this... In my ten years of living here nearly all of the good, fun, trustworthy people I've met have been old enough to be my father yet great company.

:cheers:

Edit: I'd meet up with you myself but live in Bangkok. And I like a good drink while I'm socializing. :D
BritishKhaoThao
Novice
Novice

JeanJean I would be interested in Kayaking. I brought my old little boat a few months ago, but would love to try Kayaking. Im in the UK right now but will be back to HH in 2 weeks.

Do you have contact info?
BritishKhaoThao
Novice
Novice

GLCQuantum wrote:
Edit: I'd meet up with you myself but live in Bangkok. And I like a good drink while I'm socializing. :D
What made you leave HH and stay in BKK?
JeanJean
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JeanJean »

My Line ID is queen_jean. Just add me and identify yourself. Cheers
kev78

Post by kev78 »

We are both 36 (male and female) and will be looking for people our own ago from January onwards when we move :)
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

BritishKhaoThao wrote:
GLCQuantum wrote:
What made you leave HH and stay in BKK?
Salary, unfortunately. Teachers in Hua hin get paid peanuts.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

GLCQuantum wrote: Salary, unfortunately. Teachers in Hua hin get paid peanuts.
Is the salary you're getting really worth the apparently miserable lifestyle you seem to have to endure for it?
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Pleng wrote:
GLCQuantum wrote: Salary, unfortunately. Teachers in Hua hin get paid peanuts.
Is the salary you're getting really worth the apparently miserable lifestyle you seem to have to endure for it?
No. Hence I'm looking for other options. I won't go into it, but it's not easy for me to just, 'up and leave'. It's gonna take a while.

:cheers: