Clean Hua Hin's beaches movement - Trash Hero

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Papaya
Guru
Guru

Re: Clean Hua Hin's beaches movement - Trash Hero

Post by Papaya »

51 (incl 4 kids) Heroes turned up for this afternoon's beach clearance. In just one hour, they cleared a massive 166 Kg of trash.

Another brilliant effort guys - thank you.
Attachments
trash.jpg
Papaya
Guru
Guru

Post by Papaya »

This Sunday, 3rd June at 16:00, the Heroes will be cleaning the South Takiab Beach. Meeting point will be the Ferry Port end of Soi Hua Don 9.

All Heroes, old and new will be made very welcome, for what is sure to be a fun packed hour, making Hua Hin's beaches a better place for everybody.
Papaya
Guru
Guru

Post by Papaya »

There were 38 Heroes (including 2 kids) who turned up to yesterday's beach clean at South Takiab Beach. Between them, they cleared about 150 Kg of trash from the beach.

A fantastic effort guys. Thank you very much.
trash.jpg
trash.jpg (94.12 KiB) Viewed 730 times
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

A great job guys. Unfortunately, the locals generally will watch and smile!
Gus
Guru
Guru

Post by Gus »

HHTel
That's what I was thinking, not many locals in the piccie.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I study the full set of photos each week on Facebook, and there are always quite a few Thais. Whether or not they are local, I don't know, and of course there will be many spouses, but I can assure you Thais do participate, often in significant numbers.

We just have to accept the many Thais don't participate, but there are many Farangs also. Personally, I don't participate in the group activity, but like to think I do my bit when walking the beach with the dogs e.g. I've never seen any other beach dog walkers Thai or Farang with a poop scoop.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

I hope this isn't too off topic... drove down to Dolphin Bay yesterday morning to watch the sunrise. Watched 2 young Thai women walk the beach and gather plastic rubbish while they walked. Seemingly some do care.
buksida

Post by buksida »

The movement is growing and Trash Hero is now a global organisation, but it has to start somewhere. Sometimes you just have to lead by example (which is essentially what all Trash Heroes do).

You don't have to join a group to care about this issue (which will impact the planet and food chains far quicker than any climate change).

33553756_2094735250743081_4104500137965912064_n.jpg
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Big Boy wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:44 pm I study the full set of photos each week on Facebook, and there are always quite a few Thais. Whether or not they are local, I don't know, and of course there will be many spouses, but I can assure you Thais do participate, often in significant numbers.

We just have to accept the many Thais don't participate, but there are many Farangs also. Personally, I don't participate in the group activity, but like to think I do my bit when walking the beach with the dogs e.g. I've never seen any other beach dog walkers Thai or Farang with a poop scoop.
We have run across local Thais while picking up as trash heroes and many compliment, some even join in for the day, but the only Thais we get regularly are wives.

But it does show that, as Buksida said, little by little.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

Mentalities (group mentalities) change slowly. But they do change. Look at smoking. 30 yrs ago I said it would be as frowned upon today as it is... few believed me. Similar with our attitudes in the west to our pets... neutering our cats, picking up after our dogs is slowly becoming the norm. I think it will be the same with rubbish. When we're all kicking up the daisies the kids of today will be a lot more aware. Granted it will happen a lot earlier in the west. But I definitely see the tides changing here in Thailand.
Papaya
Guru
Guru

Post by Papaya »

A complete change of tack this coming Sunday. Just for a change, the Heroes will be cleaning up the Hin Lek Fai viewpoint. As usual, start time will be 4pm.

All Heroes, both old and new will be very welcome.
Papaya
Guru
Guru

Post by Papaya »

Yesterday, the 60 Heroes (including 4 kids) cleaned the road leading up to Hin Lek Fai viewpoint. For those of you who doubt that Thai's care, the Heroes included a teacher and students from Wang Klai Kang Won school. In just 1 hour, they cleared 500Kg of roadside trash.

It really makes you wonder where so much waste comes from on a lowly populated road. It can't be blamed on the tides :?

A fantastic effort guys - well done.
trash.jpg
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Haha. You put all the Thais at the front of the pic. Point taken. Well done people.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

It really makes you wonder where so much waste comes from on a lowly populated road. It can't be blamed on the tides

Has to be those pesky monkeys!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

500kg in an hour!!!!! That's almost 10 kilos of trash per person per hour. GREAT on the part of everyone who takes part... but very sad the need is so pressing.