Clean Hua Hin's beaches movement - Trash Hero

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
johnjar
Guru
Guru

Re: Clean Hua Hin's beaches movement - Trash Hero

Post by johnjar »

Good job guys :)
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It seems the beach was so bad yesterday, the local authorities became involved.
Posted by Daily News
Posted by Daily News
TRASH.jpg (25.4 KiB) Viewed 743 times
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
buksida

Post by buksida »

Great job, you guys are so lucky to have help from the local authorities.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Just back from a walk on the beach and I guess it was stormy at sea last night as there are piles of waste washed up again. Probably only 10% of it is what I call trash, plastic bottles man made stuff etc, most of it is coconuts, bamboo, vegetation and other natural waste. Some places have swept it all into piles and you could have several very big bonfires !
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I think it's that time of year again when the winds shift to Northeasterly and it has been pretty blowy over the past few days so I guess this might just be an annual thing when the detritus that is always out to sea gets blown in shore and to the beach.
Although I must admit that whilst I have seen the beach badly littered in the past after storms, I can't be 100% certain that it happens every year as the weather turns.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

buksida wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:18 am Great job, you guys are so lucky to have help from the local authorities.
Maybe if we let our local officials know that Roy Tawan gives us free food they will come.........
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Now here's a good idea! It will never work though. You can hear the howls of protest from here!
.............................................................................................
Sukhothai park imposes garbage collection deposit

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/genera ... recent_box

SUKHOTHAI: Ramkhamhaeng National Park has decided to make each visitor pay a refundable 200 baht garbage collection fee, to ensure they bring their rubbish out with them.

The park, better known as Khao Luang mountain, is in Khirimas district of Sukhothai.
The park management announced on Sunday that all tourists going up the mountain will be required to leave the 200 baht deposit. It will be refunded when they return with their garbage.

The decision comes after park officials found more than two tonnes of garbage left on the mountain last month.
The Designated Areas for Sustainable Tourism Administration's Region 4 office had to hire porters to bring it down off the mountain. It took about one month to clean up the area.

If tourists do not bring a bag of garbage out with them when they leave, the deposit will be retained and used to hire porters to go into the park and collect their rubbish. 
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
buksida

Post by buksida »

Superb idea - now implement it on beaches across Thailand!

That's the only way to make them do it - hit them in the pocket!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Superb idea, but as Nereus says, it'll never work. I go on the beach most days. I take nothing on with me, and rarely bring anything off. Anything we might pick up goes into one of the bins en-route.

Points 41; Position 18
buksida

Post by buksida »

9025ff1ab42b5a6e1c375894d7da6776.jpeg
9025ff1ab42b5a6e1c375894d7da6776.jpeg (97.42 KiB) Viewed 572 times

Pran Buri park seeks help from soldiers after tonnes of garbage washes ashore
Pran Buri Marine Park is seeking help from a local Army camp for soldiers to help collect garbage at the park’s beach after tonnes of garbage washed ashore.

The park’s chief, Somsak Krithathorn, said on Monday the 1,200-metre-long beach in Prachuap Khiri Khan’s Pran Buri district had been awash with garbage for the last two days. Somsak said park officials had worked all day to collect garbage but had not been able to clean the beach as garbage continued to wash ashore.

Somsak said the park had sought help from the Thanarat Fort and asked for garbage trucks from the local administration. The detritus swamping the beach included wood, coconuts, foam boxes, plastic bags and bottles, and various discarded items such as clothes and shoes.

Somsak said park officials believed the garbage had been washed into the sea by floodwaters through rivers in the Central provinces and then thrown back on the beach by waves. He said a lot of garbage had also been washed ashore at the Hua Hin, Khao Tao and Suan Son beaches.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/ ... s/30330384
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Every time I've been there it looks like that ^^. No matter what time of year.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

The municipality (I presume) have been taking away the garbage today. I went to the beach about 11 am around Soi 77 I think it is and as well as a standard garbage truck there were two big dump trucks and an army of around 30 women armed with rakes etc. All the piles that were there yesterday have now gone with only a smattering of garbage here and there. Well done.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Taikka
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Taikka »

Big Boy wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:12 pm I take nothing on with me, and rarely bring anything off.
Then you'll have to take out some piece of garbage left by soneone else to get your refund ;)
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Taikka wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:03 pm Then you'll have to take out some piece of garbage left by soneone else to get your refund ;)
Big Boy wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:12 pmAnything we might pick up goes into one of the bins en-route.

Points 41; Position 18
buksida

Post by buksida »

560000011466105.JPEG
560000011466105.JPEG (119.42 KiB) Viewed 347 times

100 tons of trash cleaned from beaches around Hua Hin
The army has said that an incredible 100 tons of trash has been picked up in four days of work on beaches in Hua Hin and further south.

And now the mountain of rubbish is set to be buried in 10 special landfills dug for the purpose.

And in a latest development in the crisis the navy have been called in to monitor the coast and sea from aircraft to see when and where the next load will arrive.

Manager reported that 100 soldiers were involved in the clean-up for the fifth consecutive day yesterday in the area of the Pranburi National Park.

In this area alone around 60 tons of trash has been retrieved on a 1.5 kilometer stretch.

The rubbish includes plastic bottles, plastic bags, polystyrene foam, coconuts and other debris. In some places the trash was 20 centimeters deep.

A total of 100 tons of trash has been retrieved in operations over the last five days from Hua Hin south including the Sam Roi Yot National Park area.

Now Manager said that the army were using a backhoe and ten holes were being dug to bury the trash and a request had been made to the navy to use aircraft to survey the movements of ocean borne trash.

Source: https://mgronline.com/local/detail/9600000110605