RIP Richard Sabin

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
ste860
Deceased
Deceased

Re: RIP Richard Sabin - Passed Away This Morning

Post by ste860 »

sorry to hear about Richard ,the forum has lost a character ,i never met Richard , condolences to his family
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

RIP.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

RIP richard. Condolences to family and friends.

I, like many, will miss his posts on this forum.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

Update on plans

Funeral and cremation will take place at 4 pm in the main Hua Hin temple on Wednesday ( BB was correct about holiday on Tuesday). Wake at Romantic Bar afterwards. People can come along to either or both parts.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

I'm sorry BB I don't know, he will be arriving late Monday to the temple
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Well the 'Old Trout' has decided to leave us all.. :(
In some ways we were a team... both of us enjoyed nowt better than a good ole whinge on the forum..555!
He was a man of strong character, a man with firm morals, a man not to back down in a dispute.
He was like a naughty schoolboy..knowing damn well he could test the limits, & that wicked smirk would get him off
the hook...especially with the ladies.. :naughty:
As many know he had just celebrated his 70th birthday...We organised a small party for close friends at his condo, well
he was in heaven already!
NOKYAI made a wonderful triffle for him, later he enjoyed ham, pickles, potato salad..& topped it all off with an
ice-cream cake from Swensen's, washed down with a glass of 'sparkly'..Happy days indeed for him.. :thumb:

You will indeed be missed by many Sire..
...But I for one can stand up and proudly state it has been a pleasure to have known him, & on behalf of
all our staff & also Puy & myself...we wish him Bon Voyage... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Dan1
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Dan1 »

Only met Richard once (in the Romantic March 2013) and I had an interesting and friendly chat with him. So this is terrible news and my heartfelt condolences to all his family.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

^^ Spot on post US. I never had the chance to meet Richard face to face, but enjoyed plenty of banter on the forum over the years, especially regarding his visits to Cardiff - and him being an "honorable Welshman"!! :laugh:

You've described Richard exactly as I imagined him and it's great IMHO that he enjoyed his 70th with close friends and truly did have a superb send-off (not that it was known at the time) :(

Wish I could be there to pay my respects, but sadly not possible. A wonderful gesture by the "Romantic Bar" and I'm sure the wake will be as the old goat wanted it to be....... as long as there's trifle (oh, and double (?) cooked chips)!!
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

Very sad news. I met Richard quite a few times over the years. RIP buddy.
www.35mmview.com
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

We never met but exchanged numerous posts online. A true personality......RIP.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

I remember Richard saying in a post a while back that his favourite song was 'November Rain' by Guns & Roses. Maybe it should be played at his funeral. Just an idea.

o7
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

I only met Richard 2 or 3 times. He once came to my place to visit another Yorkie from Halifax and it was very interesting to listen to their stories about their memories of Olde England. My condolences to his daughters, family and friends. R.I.P.
Brit Jim
Professional
Professional

Post by Brit Jim »

Very Sad news - Another grew character gone - His posts always brought a smile to my face.

Condolences to the Family.

RIP Richard
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

Like Usual Suspect - it was a privilege to have known Richard. (Or 'ichard to some of the girls!)

Like the Tyke he was he could be stubborn, proud, very straight, cussed, and down to earth. He knew early this year that it was probably time for him to head off home, but perhaps as with so many expats he also knew deep down that his real home was where he would stay in the end.

Thanks Richard for your friendship and support. HuaHIn won't be the same now. Rest in peace, Mags xxx

And my condolences to Richards family - he was so proud of his girls.
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Very sad news indeed. Met him just the once but always enjoyed his contributions here. R.I.P Richard.