Hua Hin Forum Appeal 2015: Stride With Pride + Photos

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Big Boy

Re: Hua Hin Forum Appeal 2015: Stride With Pride

Post by Big Boy »

Arlo wrote:Just an idea here. What about putting together something to raise some money? Examples are a spaghetti dinner, 5K run/walk, or a pancake breakfast? These are things done in the US that people get together for to raise money for different situations. Not sure if it would work here or not, just a thought. Maybe to much work, but the end result could be great and the function could be fun for all. Perhaps a somtam and bbq chicken get together might work better here.
Thanks for the suggestion Arlo. Unfortunately, these things require organisation/planning and support. We only have 4 weeks remaining in this appeal, so not really enough time this year, but something to bear in mind for future years.

Regarding the appeal, donations have slowed down, so no real point in posting the pictorial at the moment. Here's hoping things pick up soon - PLEASE :D
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Big Boy wrote:
Arlo wrote:Just an idea here. What about putting together something to raise some money? Examples are a spaghetti dinner, 5K run/walk, or a pancake breakfast? These are things done in the US that people get together for to raise money for different situations. Not sure if it would work here or not, just a thought. Maybe to much work, but the end result could be great and the function could be fun for all. Perhaps a somtam and bbq chicken get together might work better here.
Thanks for the suggestion Arlo. Unfortunately, these things require organisation/planning and support. We only have 4 weeks remaining in this appeal, so not really enough time this year, but something to bear in mind for future years.

Regarding the appeal, donations have slowed down, so no real point in posting the pictorial at the moment. Here's hoping things pick up soon - PLEASE :D
Will be in town next week and will donate :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thank you very much :D
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Big Boy I haven't forgotten about my pledge of a donation will try and sort it on Thursday will PM you when the dosh is transferred. Just been so busy after hurting my ankle and back working now and going on call soon.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No worries kendo, I'm very tied up this week, so can't give the appeal much attention until next week anyway.

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK, the last 7 days have been very hectic, so I've taken my eye off the ball with this one. The chart below only shows donations from the UK while I've been away. We have a few pledges outstanding for which monies may or may not have been paid straight into the account. I will go to the bank tomorrow to pay in the monies received from the UK, and will be made aware of any donations at that time.

If there have been any donations paid straight into the appeal account, please drop me a PM to enable me to identify benefactors, and keep the accounts right.

To date we have enough for 47 pairs of shoes - a good effort guys. With pledges already made, that number should increase substantially :D
Appeal_Pic_04.png
Appeal_Pic_04.png (72.62 KiB) Viewed 2998 times

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK guys, a big pat on the back. Yesterday we had funding for at least 47 pairs of shoes. Today we have funding for at least 62 pairs of shoes, with a few pledges still to come in.

Yesterday, I said, "If there have been any donations paid straight into the appeal account, please drop me a PM to enable me to identify benefactors, and keep the accounts right." When the book was made up today, there had been a mystery benefactor for 2,000 Baht. You are currently entered into the account as 'Mystery Man'. If you wish to remain anonymous, no problem, and thank you very much. However, it would be nice if I could include you in the final roll of honour, so a PM would be nice.

As you can all see, the green segment is growing nicely - thank you everybody :D
Appeal_Pic_05.png
Appeal_Pic_05.png (71.41 KiB) Viewed 2940 times

Points 48; Position 18
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

BB pm'd you
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

We are still making very good progress, and have now collected enough for at least 79 pairs of shoes - a fantastic effort. It feels really good to know almost 1/3 of the children will be arriving at school with dry feet this rainy season. Thank you very much guys.
Appeal_Pic_06.png
Appeal_Pic_06.png (72.65 KiB) Viewed 2858 times

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

We now have 2 mystery benefactors:

Mystery Man

Transferred 2,000 Baht on 22 Jul 15 - Reference KD520535

Mystery Man 2

Paid in 1,000 Baht 0n 3 Aug 15 - Reference KD265955

Thank you very much guys. As I said previously, If you wish to remain anonymous, no problem. However, it would be nice if I could include you in the final roll of honour, so a PM would be nice. Please be assured, all money will benefit the kids, and they will be very grateful, whether they know the benefactor or not.

Incidentally, we now have sufficient funding for at least 85 pairs of shoes for the kids :D

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The fantastic effort still continues, with the running total almost at 30K Baht.
Appeal_Pic_07.png
Appeal_Pic_07.png (73.6 KiB) Viewed 2742 times
Don't forget, if you would like to help these lovely kids to endure the mud bath they have to walk daily to and from school, donation details are:

1. A dedicated bank account has been set up to receive donations within Thailand i.e.:

Bank: Kasikorn
Branch: Hua Hin Market Village Branch
A/c: 485-2-49533-8
Name: Suphannee Oliver

2. From the UK:

PM Big Boy, and he will make arrangements for you to transfer Sterling into his UK bank account. On the day he receives it, he will apply the current exchange rate, and credit the appeal account.

3, Rest of the World:

PM Big Boy, and he will make arrangements for you to transfer as cheaply as possible.

The closing date for donations is 20 Aug 2015. Any money donated after that date will be put towards next year's appeal.

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

There won't be any update until Monday, when I have the bank book made up. However, donations seem to have slowed down for now i.e. I haven't received any further notification of deposits, but of course, there may be some more mystery benefactors.

I need members to start thinking about the 3rd September visit. All forum members are welcome, regardless of whether they've donated (we understand that some people have other commitments, and are unable to help at this time). However, this visit is open to everybody. The children are fantastic, and really make visitors feel welcome. My neighbours will be cooking for the entire school, and there will be plenty for the grown ups as well - who said there's no such thing as a free lunch :D ? It is a fantastic day out, and those attending will almost certainly find themselves welling up before the day is over.

If you would like to attend, please drop me a PM, advising how many will be in your party, and whether or not you have transport (the roads are quite rough out there, so a 'big(ish)' vehicle is preferred). If you have transport, would you be prepared to carry passengers?

We usually leave quite early from my soi in convoy for the journey to the school. We normally finish by about 14:00, and travel home.

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It was as I had suspected when the bank book was made up this morning. No new entries since 4 Aug 15.

I had always expected 250 pairs of shoes to be a very optimistic number, but am still hopeful we will reach at least half of that target to allow at least half of the kids, to spend their days at school with dry feet during the forthcoming rainy season.

There are still 10 days left to help this cause. :D

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

After a couple of days of low activity, the appeal fund is on the move again :D Thank you guys, I think we should now easily achieve what I had hoped was my bottom target. I was secretly hoping that we would achieve at least 100 pairs of shoes, and our current total is currently at least 93 pairs. If we can hit the 50% mark it really will be fantastic. Keep it going guys, this is good.
Appeal_Pic_08.png
Appeal_Pic_08.png (72.42 KiB) Viewed 2463 times

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

As we enter the final week of this years appeal, we have some FANTASTIC NEWS. The appeal has reached a very important milestone - we have broached the 100 pairs of shoes barrier. We now have enough funds for at least 102 pairs.

Personally, my target has always been 125 pairs, and this must surely be very achievable with 7 days to go. The final week of the previous appeal was the busiest period, so I am just keeping my fingers crossed that this year's appeal follows a similar pattern. Achievable or not, this has been a really great effort, and yet again, the generosity of forum members has been very humbling - thank you very much to all benefactors.
Appeal_Pic_09.png
Appeal_Pic_09.png (72.17 KiB) Viewed 2420 times
In case you are not sure how to donate:

1. A dedicated bank account has been set up to receive donations within Thailand i.e.:

Bank: Kasikorn
Branch: Hua Hin Market Village Branch
A/c: 485-2-49533-8
Name: Suphannee Oliver

2. From the UK:

PM Big Boy, and he will make arrangements for you to transfer Sterling into his UK bank account. On the day he receives it, he will apply the current exchange rate, and credit the appeal account.

3, Rest of the World:

PM Big Boy, and he will make arrangements for you to transfer as cheaply as possible.

The closing date for donations is 20 Aug 2015. Any money donated after that date will be put towards next year's appeal.

Points 48; Position 18