"The Over-Development of Hua Hin and the Consequences

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
PET
Legend
Legend

Re: "The Over-Development of Hua Hin and the Consequences

Post by PET »

I heard that the new pumping station on 102 sent all its water to 112 and hence the serious problems there last week-end - true?
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

PET that is quite a long way to pump water? I thought that the pumping station was installed to pump water back up Soi 102, to the canal by the railway line!

Looking on Google, there are an awful lot of properties between the pumping station and Soi 112. Has anyone seen trenches being dug for the pipework that would be required to do that?

Looking at the pic I posted of the station, I did wonder why there was such a large collection pit, then it came to me. Large pumps require a lot of power on start up. So maybe, the collection pit has been made that size so that the pump only has to start a few times during a downpour of rain, rather that starting and stopping every few minutes.

Back in 2001, I drove down Soi 102 and into the first soi on the left (just past what was then a slaughter house and is now, I believe, a council depot) and all that area was flooded. Many old wooden Thai houses on stilts, which were flooded up to the ground floor level. I'm not sure if that area is connected to the pumping system. If it is, then that may explain why such large pumps have been installed, based on, what look like (at least) 11KVA power cables going to the station.
Anyone who knows if I am correct on the above, please post on it.

:cheers:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

then that may explain why such large pumps have been installed, based on, what look like (at least) 11KVA power cables going to the station
No idea what size pumps they have in there, but the electrical supply has it`s own transformer, which may be supplied by
11KV(not KVA), although most of the HT supply is 6.6 KV, stepped down to 380/ 400 Volts The pumps will be centrifugal type, and as the starting load is not a big problem with them being on their own transformer, in addition to being TIT, so they may well be on a float switch. (or Somchai twists a couple of wires together when needed :rasta: )
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

Thanks for that Nereus :thumb: I thought it would not be long before you posted on the power issue.

Now all we have to find out, is where the hell the water goes.
:?
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Now all we have to find out, is where the hell the water goes.
Not sure just which department that station comes under, Tessabhan or some other of the many little kingdoms they have set up.
I know somebody in the Tessabhan, but as I am in Bangkok at the moment, cannot ask him.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Khundon1975 wrote:Now all we have to find out, is where the hell the water goes. :?
As part of the overall 'pump works' a few large pipes appeared coming out of the side of the klong wall. That klong, I believe, makes its way out to sea via the end of Soi 112.

This is the way it works in my mind, but I'm not sure I'm correct.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

Thanks for that BigBoy :thumb:

So maybe Pet was right and the water from Soi 102 was, in part, the cause of flooding in Soi 112!

:cheers: