New Post Office in Hua Hin

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Farang
Ace
Ace

Re: New Post Office in Hua Hin

Post by Farang »

One HH Post Office is on the south side of town. It's a bit further than the Land Office, on your left when going south. Good parking and very pleasant service.
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've just spotted the new Post Office while driving North from Makro. Location is just as LolaBeltran described.

For me, the downside is that it's almost 2Km to the U-turn, which means the motor cycle idiots will cause absolute chaos on that stretch of dual carriageway.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I drove past the old Post Office earlier. and there is a brand new sign out front, 'Hua Hin Beach Post Office'

It looks as though our town now commands 2 Post Offices :D

Points 41; Position 18
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

Big Boy wrote:I drove past the old Post Office earlier. and there is a brand new sign out front, 'Hua Hin Beach Post Office'

It looks as though our town now commands 3 Post Offices :D
A slight alteration.
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Three? Where's the third?

Points 41; Position 18
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

You also have the facility upstairs in Market Village plus there are many local stores that do postal service but only within Thailand so no good if you wish to post to overseas.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Ah right, there are a couple around like that - I thought Farang meant the ones that offer the full range of services.

Points 41; Position 18
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I popped into the newly refurbished PO opposite the cop shop yesterday. It all looks very new and swish.
I don't know if waiting/service times will improve as I was just checking out my Box number. There are brand new shiny boxes on the left as you walk up the steps into the office but my old box (and I think all other old boxes) have been transferred to the airport.
I wasn't best pleased with that but needless to say my complaints met with disinterestedness. Marvelous, isn't it. You're a customer with the PO with a box for 16 years and they just bump the damn thing out of town. Whatever happened to a bit of loyalty? At least the songthaews go to the airport but it won't be much fun getting up there and back on the off chance that a letter has arrived. The middle of town was great and I pass through at least 4-5 days a week. Ho hum. Maybe they might reconsider if there are enough complaints?? Probably not!!
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

Are you saying there are new P.O. boxes in the building for new customers, but that all previous customers now have had their P.O. boxes sent to the airport location? :shock:

Is there still a waiting list for P.O. boxes?
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

All I can say at the moment is that there are new boxes on the left hand side of the outside of the building as you go up the steps to the entrance. Whether these have all been allocated to people or some are available, I don't know. Their position dosn't seem very secure but they may be taken inside at night or perhaps there's a shutter that cuts them off when the office closes.
When I asked about my box and gave the number, I was told "ah, an old box. It's gone to the airport".
That's all I know at present. However, I'll be paying another visit there sometime soon and will try and see someone a bit higher up the food chain.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

And there is an old style post box outside but no hole to post letters so one cannot post letters outside of opening times
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

StevePIraq wrote:And there is an old style post box outside but no hole to post letters so one cannot post letters outside of opening times
Sorry, but that made me :lach: :lach: :lach:

Points 41; Position 18
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

Reminds me of the early days of ATMs: In Japan they were only available during bankers' hours.
Sabai Jai
Professional
Professional

Post by Sabai Jai »

You should be able to "transfer" your old PO box that has gone to the Airport to the refurbished town PO - but they may be going fairly quickly, there are more than the new ones outside. A friend who has been here donkeys years just managed to transfer his.

Also something to watch out for is the change in Post Code / Zip. The 77110 is now the Airport and a new code has been allocated to Town 77111 apparently, or so I am given to understand.

Regards Sabai Jai
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

A friend of mine has a box at the old post office. He was relieved to find out that he still has it after refurbishment. According to him, box numbers greater than 112 (I think that's the number he said) will go to the airport, while 1 - 112 stay at the beach road.