New Post Office in Hua Hin

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: New Post Office in Hua Hin

Post by StevePIraq »

Sabai Jai wrote: Also something to watch out for is the change in Post Code / Zip. The 77110 is now the Airport and a new code has been allocated to Town 77111 apparently, or so I am given to understand.

Regards Sabai Jai
How will this impact post codes for homes, my previous was 77110 is it now 77111, who is responsible for advising this?
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

StevePIraq wrote: How will this impact post codes for homes, my previous was 77110 is it now 77111, who is responsible for advising this?
I'd start with the Post Office!
This is the way
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

The change is great as my Box # is higher than 112, plus I go shopping at Makro, and my Zip code is unchanged - an unusual result I would say. Parking at the 'old' post office was getting more and more difficult unless one went at 8.30
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

dtaai-maai wrote:
StevePIraq wrote: How will this impact post codes for homes, my previous was 77110 is it now 77111, who is responsible for advising this?
So every person in Hua Hin should go to the Post Office and ask what is my post code? If nothing has been advised I doubt anything has changed
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

StevePIraq wrote:
dtaai-maai wrote:
So every person in Hua Hin should go to the Post Office and ask what is my post code? If nothing has been advised I doubt anything has changed
I don't believe I mentioned that. You asked who was responsible for advising a change of post code. I gave what seemed to me to be the obvious answer. :)
This is the way
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

I think that post codes ending in zero mainly refer to the main post/sorting office in an area. Sub offices have the last digit as non-zero. For house deliveries 77110 should still be correct. Using 77111 for PO Boxes at the beach road might be required, but that depends on whether there are duplicated box numbers at both offices.
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

FYI, was just there today and was told they have several boxes still available and the rate is B500/year. As should be obvious after you see where they are, they are accessible 24/7/365.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Re:

Post by Pleng »

hhinner wrote:I think that post codes ending in zero mainly refer to the main post/sorting office in an area. Sub offices have the last digit as non-zero. For house deliveries 77110 should still be correct. Using 77111 for PO Boxes at the beach road might be required, but that depends on whether there are duplicated box numbers at both offices.
Would using 77111 as a post code mean, though, that the item would be taken to Beach Post Office for collection in the event of you not being in to receive a delivery??
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

Big Boy wrote:Three? Where's the third?
Sorry for late response, haven't bee paying attention to this thread. The three Post Offices are:

1. By Makro;
2. Opposite the Land Office, and;
3. The All New (Old) Beach Post Office.
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thank you :thumb:

Opposite the Land Office? Is that on the Pranburi Road? If it is, I'll keep an eye open for it - I go that way quite a lot.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Been meaning to post this for a week now and it'll be my rant for the year - don't think I've ranted elsewhere other than the IKTS thread.
Anyway, after having been told by the main PO that my box had been moved to the new one north of town, I went in search of it last week.
Acting on posts on this thread and advice from a friend, I took a songthaew north expecting to find the office roughly opposite Macro. Well, I ended up at the airport and didn't notice it on the way. The songthaew just does a U turn there and goes back into town.
Co-incidently, the same friend had phoned me on the way up. He was making use of my box for some important financial stuff coming from abroad and I was expecting my new UK debit card as it had been sent and the old one expires at the end of this month. He said he'd drive up to the PO, meet me there and take me back into town.
Meanwhile, I got back towards town, opposite Tavimook driving range without seeing the PO so got out there. Got a beer as I was getting a bit frustrated, called my friend who'd already passed Tavimook. He U turned and came back to meet me.
Well, the new PO is not near Macro. The damn thing is the other (north) side of the airport. We collected our mail and luckily everything we were expecting had already arrived.
Now, I have a problem with this site. I don't have my own transport so just how the hell am I supposed to get to the PO? The songthaew stops short of it and I, for one, don't fancy walking through the airport tunnel or trying to cross the runway. I'll either be killed on the road on my first attempt or arrested for airport terrorism.
I pointed this out in no uncertain terms to the staff inside the office and I must admit I was in full rant mode. Needless to say, they didn't give a damn and just asked whether I wanted to cancel the box.
I saw one of those pictures up on the wall showing all the top brass and asked how I got in touch with them because I was not a happy camper. Was told I couldn't but I havn't given up on that yet.
OK, so they've added a new post code and all the old boxes were 77110 as was all of HH. But surely a box should be sited somewhere convenient for collection, not in a place where public transport dosn't even go to?
My wife has told me that there are also a lot of disaffected Thais who have been posting on some internet site she looks at asking if the PO want to kill the motorcyclists going there. Those coming from the south have to U turn at Palm Hills and that ain't exactly a safe turn for motorcars let along bikes. There have been plenty of fatal accidents there over the years.
Ho hum. I'm not going to give up on this and will look to complain higher up. I'm just gathering my thoughts. I don't expect to get anywhere but after having a box for 16 years and being happy with it in the centre of town, I'm not best pleased with this latest development.
Rant over. Mr Angry signs off.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Tell you what, getting that off my chest has just given me my answer.
I'll get a Petchaburi orange bus. They go by my place every 20 minutes and will pass the PO.
I know this forum was good for something. Problem solved.
I'm still angry though!!
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

lomuamart wrote:Been meaning to post this for a week now and it'll be my rant for the year
Not bad, you can do another in 8 days!!! :cheers: :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I can understand you bring pi****d off Lomu about having your PO box moved and I doubt it is of much significance if you don't drive, but surely the new post office is on the south side before you reach the airport and tunnel, very close to the Mercedes showroom and not that much further than Makro?
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Wish it was, DB. Was there last Wednesday and it's 100% north of the airport. Coming from town, you need to go through the airport tunnel, do a U turn at Palm Hills and it's between there and the tunnel.