New Post Office in Hua Hin

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Re: New Post Office in Hua Hin

Post by Pagey »

We drove past last week and it was pointed out to me that it is next to the Mercedes showroom, I was driving (this other persons new Mercedes) so by the time I looked we had just about past it but I also noticed it was close to Koncept furniture.

But maybe the Mercedes showroom and Koncept are past the tunnel ?
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Hold on.
I'm starting to doubt myself now. I've just tried to call my friend but can't get through. He was driving so hadn't had a beer and I'm starting to wonder whether I've just got into my head that, traffic wise, we had to U turn at Palm Hills but we actually went back through the tunnel.
Tunnel = trouble for a pedestrian so it's trouble for me.
Major apologies if that's the case.
I'll let everyone know.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

^^ it may appear that way at 180 Kph but actually they are all before the tunnel when heading north at sub sonic speeds :D

or maybe at the speed I drive (slowly) it all blends into one through boredom.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I'm wrong, big time wrong. So apologies.
The damn thing is just to the south of the airport tunnel.
I just don't believe it. I need to see a doctor!!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Well I must be going crazy because I'd have sworn it was on the HH side of the tunnel. I've only just seen your last post Lomu, so I wasn't going crazy after all, well not over this subject anyway :mrgreen:
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

lomuamart wrote:I'm wrong, big time wrong. So apologies.
The damn thing is just to the south of the airport tunnel.
I just don't believe it. I need to see a doctor!!
No doctor needed.

Merry Christmas :cheers:
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

I know it's a PITA to change your address with all your correspondents (and to remember them all...) but the old post office across the street from the police station has several boxes still available, if you want to relocate your mail to a more central location. I rented one last week and had a choice of over a dozen box numbers. Odd thing is they make you wait a week to come back and get the key. What's up with that?
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

it's next to the Mercedes dealer and has a red and white fence in front. from hua hin go through the tunnel and take the U-turn right after it.
Geko
Professional
Professional

Post by Geko »

wpcoe

What documents do you need to open a post office box and what's the cost
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

500 Bht per year cost and I think I gave a copy of my passport.
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Haven't read back through the whole post as I'm posting from my phone, but wasn't the Makro location the location of the *temporary* post office that was being used before the new place opened?
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

PET wrote:500 Bht per year cost and I think I gave a copy of my passport.
Same here: just a copy of passport picture page, fill out a form, and hand over B500. I still need to get back to receive the key. The guy at the counter said to show the receipt and pay a B300 deposit a week later, but I've been back and forth to Jomtien and not been here on a work day to do that yet.
Sabai Jai
Professional
Professional

Post by Sabai Jai »

If anyone has a PO Box at the refurbished Town Post Office (opposite the Police Station) and is not receiving any mail it may be worth a trip to the "Airport" branch. Two friends, both longstanding residents have had this problem and found a whole pile of mail in the box of the same number at the Airport. They both took a Thai with them by the way to persuade staff to open the box. I thought the boxes were numbered differently at respective branches but apparently there are duplicate numbers. I think they are a bit sensitive about this b#### up so if you want your mail, smile!
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

When I finally went back (after two weeks) to get the key, I was *not* charged any deposit for the key. As noted above, when I paid the initial B500 with the application I was told to return after a week and pay a B300 deposit to get the key.

Also, when I asked them to write down the correct/complete address for my new P.O.Box, two things stood out: For the city, it's "Hua Hin Beach" (not just "Hua Hin") and the postal code is 77111 (not 77110.) I wonder if the airport P.O.Boxes are "Hua Hin" and "77110"?
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

wpcoe wrote: it's "Hua Hin Beach" (not just "Hua Hin") and the postal code is 77111 (not 77110.) I wonder if the airport P.O.Boxes are "Hua Hin" and "77110"?
It was reported earlier in this thread that the New Post Office has a post code 77110 ( same as before when in town ) so you would need to change your code if you take a box at the 'Beach PO ' - for this very reason I did not change back to the old location.
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.