Oil Slick puts Hua Hin Beach at it's dirtiest ever ?

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
SPONSORS: BLÚPORT Hua Hin
Post Reply
User avatar
Big Boy
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 29832
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:36 pm
Location: Bon Kai

Re: Oil Slick puts Hua Hin Beach at it's dirtiest ever ?

Post by Big Boy » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:16 am

centermid7 wrote:
Big Boy wrote:On the beach with the dogs tonight there were a lot of black patches. Checked the bottoms of our shoes when we got back, and it is definitely oil again.

I think it has been churned up by the recent rough weather. Hopefully just a minor glitch, but be careful. There were still people swimming in it, so it wasn't bothering them.
If it is "back" it is because it never went away. I warned of this on several posts on this forum and others. There is some real science to environmental clean up and there was not a drop of it given to this problem.

But I do not want you to believe me. PLEASE - take a shovel out to the beach and dig down at least 12 inches or so. And not in just one place. Did several. Maybe even deeper. Guess what you are going to find.

Cheers!
Not disagreeing, hence the part of my post that I have highlighted. Fortunately, the weather should calm down by High Season, and the problem will be hidden again.
League 1 - Bury...0 Plymouth Argyle....0 :dance: :dance:
Points 5; Position 23

Dieter78
Specialist
Specialist
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:38 am
Location: Switzerland / Thailand

Re: Oil Slick puts Hua Hin Beach at it's dirtiest ever ?

Post by Dieter78 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:17 am

Big Boy wrote:
Dieter78 wrote:I was at the beach South of Hua Hin today and didn't see any oil but some jellyfish.
We were on the Soi 75 to Marakesh this evening - where were you?

Tonight's walk was quite surreal i.e. as we entered the beach there must have been 3 dozen lotus flowers at 10 feet intervals along the waterline. These were replaced by fish heads at similar intervals until we got to Silom. The fish heads were driving me crazy because I was having visions of them being poisoned to get rid of a few beach dogs. My dogs were well attracted by this bait, and I had a hell of a job keeping them away

There were about a dozen jelly fish on our walk.
I was a fair bit South. Just below Wat Khao Takiap around Soi 122.

I read that the deadly blue bottle jelly fish have been spotted at either Phuket or Samui (not sure which) so I'm keeping my kids out of the water here to be safe.

Midsman
Member
Member
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat May 23, 2015 10:00 am

Re: Oil Slick puts Hua Hin Beach at it's dirtiest ever ?

Post by Midsman » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:47 am

I walk and run on the beach every week. I agree with your statement that it has never gone away.

I see regular evidence. Not a expert but like you say its down there in the sand on calm days and these recent storms have churned up the sand.

User avatar
Nereus
Addict
Addict
Posts: 6047
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:01 pm
Location: Hua Hin and Bangkok

Re: Oil Slick puts Hua Hin Beach at it's dirtiest ever ?

Post by Nereus » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:11 am

centermid7 wrote:
Big Boy wrote:On the beach with the dogs tonight there were a lot of black patches. Checked the bottoms of our shoes when we got back, and it is definitely oil again.
I think it has been churned up by the recent rough weather. Hopefully just a minor glitch, but be careful. There were still people swimming in it, so it wasn't bothering them.
If it is "back" it is because it never went away. I warned of this on several posts on this forum and others. There is some real science to environmental clean up and there was not a drop of it given to this problem.
But I do not want you to believe me. PLEASE - take a shovel out to the beach and dig down at least 12 inches or so. And not in just one place. Did several. Maybe even deeper. Guess what you are going to find. Cheers!
Yes that is correct, as posted on pages 7 and 9 of this thread by you and myself. There never were any reports of where this crud came from in the first place. It will continue to work its way to the surface when conditions are right.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!

oakdale160
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2833
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:51 pm

Re: Oil Slick puts Hua Hin Beach at it's dirtiest ever ?

Post by oakdale160 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:28 am

Of course,Iam sure that which ship the oil came from is known but its identification would case somebody loss of face so the information has been swept under the rug, or in this case under the sand.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests