Donald Whiting passed away

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Donald Whiting passed away

Post by hhfarang »

Many of you knew Donald Whiting or followed his story of problems with real estate developers in Hua Hin that led to an attempt on his life that left him a paralysed from the neck down.

He has been living in Bangkok for the past 7 years since the incident under the care of his wife Dolly and several nurses hired to care for him. He also recently survived throat cancer but the treatments left him emaciated and weakened to the point that he passed away in his sleep a couple of days ago.

Biff, as many of his friends knew him, was a fighter all the way and never gave up against all the odds.

May he now rest in peace.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Donald Whiting passed away

Post by caller »

Sorry to hear that news HHF. What happened was truly shocking and a warning to all and it's just a pity that the Thai authorities don't have any shame to hang their heads to, not to mention the alleged perpetrators, who don't seem to have been unduly affected by their alleged actions.

Condolences to all friends and family.
Talk is cheap
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

RIP Donald the brave.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

So sorry to hear the news RIP
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

Sad news.
RIP Donald and I really do hope he rests in peace. :cheers:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Don

Post by Don »

RIP
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Post by theprice01 »

I must admit, not coming across his name before (I'm fairly new here) I decided to read his story. Such a sad, harrowing journey he experienced in the land of smiles, goes to show no place is perfect.
RIP Mr Whiting
When nosy expats ask how can i live here without working, i reply, 'well, while you worked hard for 50 years, i worked smart for 5 years' :D
ChockDee

Post by ChockDee »

I read Donald's story many years ago, and it changed my perceptions of doing business in Hua Hin from then on. Made me much more cautious and aware of what could be it you stick your neck out. A sad and powerful lesson.
RIP Donald, I hope you find a new peace in that new place.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

So the charge should be increased from Assault with intent to murder to--MURDER>