Hua Hin Tuk Tuk minimum prices

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Hua Hin Tuk Tuk minimum prices

Post by Bristolian »

Nothappyjan wrote: These prices are more expensive than Australia for a 2km journey
You could be right for a 2km journey but having just come back from Melbourne (Glen Waverley district) I paid 109 AUS$ (3,000 Baht) for a 30 minute taxi ride to the airport... Now that ain't cheap!!

Back to Topic
The reaction, if any, from the authorities if any will probably be that the tuk tuk driver didn't understand the foreigner and thought he wanted to go somewhere else!
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Ironically, even the government thinks there are too many tuk-tuks.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... l-tuk-tuks

It's a total mafia scam....but a complete monster of one that will be hard to tame. I no longer take public transport at all due to it being unsafe and expensive with many (not all though) volatile drivers that are DUI most of the time in the evening......and depressingly during the day too.

They (public service transport providing drivers) bitch about everything and still give a crap service bordering on the indiferent, greedy and dismissive. If they shaped-up then I'd cut them some slack...but they want it all for nothing and provide a BS service to boot.

Drown in your own stupidity is fine with me....don't deserve the business.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Got a tuk tuk from Market Village into town yesterday for 100bt
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

@Pleng: Was that from the queue within the front courtyard, or at streetside where one had pulled up?
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Front courtyard
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

That's encouraging. From an earlier post it sounded like the official tuk tuk area was turning into a high-priced queue.
Nothappyjan

Post by Nothappyjan »

I think 100bht from MV to town centre is ok, however, the mafia who run the Tuk Tuk stand at MV are defiant buffoons. Today my wife and I had a load of groceries to return to our condo, 2 km away, and were told 150 bht and that was non-negotiable. I told them to stick it, however, my wife gave in to them and I was forced to pay the 150 bht.
I rang the Complaint line that was listed on the driver's license and got absolutely nowhere, waste of time.