Shopping Malls in Hua Hin

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Re: Shopping Malls in Hua Hin

Post by huahin4ever »

Dieter78 wrote:Blueport parking bugs me at times! The parking indicators point you to 15 empty bays at the next turn only to find they are all blocked with reserved signs yet empty!!

At least Market Village lights the specials bays up blue instead of green.
And sometimes a moron parks where the cars are supposed to exit! 4 days ago in Market Village. Picture taken by my wife. According to my her it was an old Thai man.
:guns: :cuss: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
MV parking at exit.jpg
MV parking at exit.jpg (103.2 KiB) Viewed 1581 times
YNWA
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Dieter78 wrote:Blueport parking bugs me at times! The parking indicators point you to 15 empty bays at the next turn only to find they are all blocked with reserved signs yet empty!!

At least Market Village lights the specials bays up blue instead of green.
Drives me nuts as well. I made a complaint about it, although I am now wise to the problem. Maybe if they get more complaints they will change things? At least they haven't yet got the 'supercar parking' thing as you find everywhere in Bkk.
Talk is cheap
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

"Maybe if they get more complaints they will change things?"
Caller I think you have lived here long enough to know you are dreaming.

By the way BP does have VIP parking in the ground floor new the wine shop, no idea who is classed as a VIP, I thought my wife was the only VIP
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Stargeezer
Professional
Professional

Post by Stargeezer »

I am finding that the local markets in Bangkok are still running okay, especially the ones that have the fresh veggies
and meat products. All in all I have seen that the economy is worse than I thought it was and except for some
night shopping, the small market where I am staying is very quiet. In Thailand I still see that a lot of business
is cash. In the department stores and malls, I do see credit card usage, but it seems to me that Thailand
is still about 10 years different than North America. In Canada, some of the big stores have the pick up
at store service, that sometime works, and they still charge a three dollar to five dollar charge for the service. So I still prefer to go into the store and get my own stuff even if it means I may have to intermingle with my fellow human
beings. Walmart and Super Store, or the other Mall stores are where I still shop, on line is okay for some
but for seniors, it is not a totally trusted means to shop. I hope I can visit BKK and Hua Hin for many years and
enjoy shopping at MV, or the big new mall, when it opens. I do like Makro in Hua Hin as well, as it has lots of
products at good prices.
Geezer
Pluto is my favorite planet!, especially now that we all can see close up
pictures of it.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Yes many businesses run on cash only basis then pay no VAT, income tax and no contributions to running the country.

Blueport is open and quite good.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

StevePIraq wrote:"Maybe if they get more complaints they will change things?"
Caller I think you have lived here long enough to know you are dreaming.

By the way BP does have VIP parking in the ground floor new the wine shop, no idea who is classed as a VIP, I thought my wife was the only VIP
At the Mall in Korat, they have or had feedback sheets left about for completion. I received an acknowledgement about a couple I completed, including one telling me they now stocked something I had asked about (I asked why something was available in Bkk, but not Korat).

The VIP parking is for people who spend a lot of money at the store! Not sure how it works though, nor does my other half, but she is working at BP next week and said she will find out.
Talk is cheap
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Ah well, she checked on the company website. Spend 100,000 baht, get free privilege parking for 3-months, spend 500,000, get free privilege parking for 12 months.
Talk is cheap
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I might have missed this elsewhere on here, but there's a huge sign at the front of the closed East Square advertising it and the 40 room Manathai hotel, to the rear, as being up for sale. The hotel was okay when I stayed there, I wonder what will become of that area.

By the by, you can use the reserved parking on the level 1 car park at Bluport, if your or your other halves have a Citi credit card that's issued by and operated in conjunction with the Mall Group. Yes, yes, I know that hardly any will, but I thought I'd mention it.
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

caller wrote:I might have missed this elsewhere on here, but there's a huge sign at the front of the closed East Square advertising it and the 40 room Manathai hotel, to the rear, as being up for sale. The hotel was okay when I stayed there, I wonder what will become of that area.
Yes, that sign has been up there for a few months now.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18