Rip Off Hua Hin

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Rip Off Hua Hin

Post by Nereus »

Amazing how people who have never seen the product know so much about it. It does have a compressor and now a further contractor has quoted 1300 baht supplied installed and gassed.
About the same as people whom cannot read plain English make stupid comments. Good luck with it, just don't complain when it fails again in a couple of months time! But I suppose that it will then become a rip off!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
aragon
Professional
Professional

Post by aragon »

Khundon1975 wrote:We also live part of the time near Florence in Italy and the same thing has happened to prices there. Maybe due, in part, to the Euro, but I have noticed the prices in Florence and many other Italian cities have risen sharply.
I worked in Milan during 1997 when Italy still had the Euro and then in Rome in 2002-2004 after the move to the Euro and noticed a big difference in prices, that couldn't simply be attributed to inflation in the intervening period. Every Italian I spoke to complained that things all started to go pear shaped after the introduction of the Euro, when prices skyrocketed and I guess they are still doing so. :cheers:
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Nereus wrote:
Amazing how people who have never seen the product know so much about it. It does have a compressor and now a further contractor has quoted 1300 baht supplied installed and gassed.
About the same as people whom cannot read plain English make stupid comments. Good luck with it, just don't complain when it fails again in a couple of months time! But I suppose that it will then become a rip off!
Fixed already, exact same model compressor as came with the fridge when new, that one lasted 4 years so no reason to expect this to last any less. Price 1300Baht.

Very happy with service and price
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

I get my motorcycle washed for 100 baht. They do a great job and it would be three times that in the states. They post their prices on the wall.

Everything is super cheap here in Thailand from my perspective, food, housing, medical, transportation (if you want to call it that).

Oh course imported high quality items and food cost more and the overall quality of stuff here is poor compared to USA quality expectations.

I get angry sometimes when I am paying Farang prices but then I just think about my recent trip back to the USA where eating out was crazy expensive.

I got really tried of buying poor quality USB cellphone charge cables that last one month and cost 150 baht. So in the states I bought to armor plated USB cables for 525 baht each. They for sure will last a long time.

I am still getting by on less than $2000 USD a month living near the beach and eating out 70% of the time. I don't drink so that is a big factor.

I dread the day I may be forced to return to the USA with all the newly created fat and incredibly stupid people that now roam the land.
No longer the same country I grew up in. Of course, that is all going according to plan.

Sent from my SM-G360H using Tapatalk
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

As has already been said, comparing individual prices here with your home country is futile. It's quite easy to word a comparison which would favour either way!

Comparing prices HH vs HH is much more sensible. After all we live here and it's doubtful that we will nip back to Europe or the USA to do the normal week's shopping.

For example, you said it costs 100 baht to clean your bike. I don't know what bike you have but I pay 70 baht for a Scoopi and my Forza costs 100. That's a big scooter and it's a thorough job. My car is a Pajero Sport and I'm charged 200 baht for inside/out with all the leathers polished etc. I couldn't fault the service. Compared with the UK that is ultra-cheap ----- but I don't live in the UK so the comparison is completely irrelevant.

Spend some time shopping around in HH and find the best value for money. It makes sense.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Exactly, and do you do when they hike the price of cleaning your Pajero Sport by 20%, and give the justification as the fact it has 4 doors? Would you think, never mind, I'm a Farang and pay without question?

With me, it's got nothing to do with the money, it's the principal. I am now cleaning my own car again. Anybody who supports these greed induced price hikes without question is encouraging them to do it again, and again. Prices, even in Hua Hin are a fraction of what I'd pay in the UK (of course UK imported goods are more experience, but we had the reverse situation with imported Thai food in the UK). If they see we don't their price hikes, we will soon be paying UK prices for everything.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I've been using this car wash for ages (I think it's the nearest one to your soi, BB) and yes if the rate increased without reasonable justification, I'd look elsewhere.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

If it's the one nearest to my Soi, assuming you have 4 doors, I'd be very interested how much you are charged next time.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

It's the one almost next door to 'No Name Bar'. Haven't been for a couple of weeks due to the weather but I'll let you know. I have 4 (5) doors and 4 wheels
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:thumb:

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK, wrong country, but here is an example of a high price hike with reasonable justification http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 85426.html . It isn't nice, and I wouldn't be happy, but I'd accept that without too much question.

Points 48; Position 18
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

""it isn't nice, and I wouldn't be happy, but I'd accept that without too much question."" THERE IS NO QUESTION PAY THE PRICE OR DONT>>LIFE IS SIMPLE IF YOU WANT IT TO BE.....ffs.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, the answer is simple, and I won't pay rip off merchants, but those that will (because its still cheaper than their home country) are doing none of us any favours.

Points 48; Position 18
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Big Boy wrote:OK, wrong country, but here is an example of a high price hike with reasonable justification http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 85426.html . It isn't nice, and I wouldn't be happy, but I'd accept that without too much question.
I could never accept that increase ---- I HATE MARMITE!!...lol
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:lach:

Points 48; Position 18