A new soi dog epidemic in Hua Hin?

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
buksida

A new soi dog epidemic in Hua Hin?

Post by buksida »

As most know I dont live in Hua Hin any longer, so will probably notice changes to the place more than those that do.

Currently here now and have observed that I've never seen as many soi dogs roaming the streets as at any time before, literally a pack of 3-4 of them every 100 yards or so on many of the roads across the railway. I counted over 50 of them on the soi running past Wat Bor Fai yesterday.

Has the soi dog problem got worse in Hua Hin? Maybe linked to the passing of HRM and support for dog shelters? Anyone else observed this?
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Re: A new soi dog epidemic in Hua Hin?

Post by Big Boy »

Certainly in my Soi, it has been improved drastically. The dog catcher rounded up about 50 Soi dogs a couple of years ago, and contrary to common belief that others would move in, none have.

However, in the very next Soi there are dogs to epidemic proportions. I guess they come in pockets.

As you know, I walk the beach a lot at night - numbers have definitely reduced on the stretch I walk.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18