Hua Hin Beach - experience

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
keepitfun
Amateur
Amateur

Hua Hin Beach - experience

Post by keepitfun »

Hi all, I'm in Hua Hin early April for 5 days and planning among other things spending a good many hours under the umbrellas on the beach. In the past I've gone down past the Hilton exit and turned right and taken the second set of chairs....much to the consternation of the first set. Any recommendations or are they truly all the same?
Big Boy

Re: Hua Hin Beach - experience

Post by Big Boy »

I've just checked and see you were here last year. Unless they've crept back since the army clampdown, that could be a fair way along the beach. Were your chairs managed by a hotel?

I've always thought the chairs/umbrellas at Silom Hotel look pretty good along that stretch of beach, but don't know if they are restricted to hotel patrons.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

^ "crept back" ?

They came flooding back and it did not take long. I'm not exactly sure of where the OP is talking about but time under an umbrella will not be problem.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Have they really? I haven't been on Hua Hin Beach during the day for a while now. Are they back permanently, or just during high season?

Last time I looked, most of the umbrellas along that stretch were hotel frontage - I'll have to take a daytime stroll.

Points 41; Position 18
keepitfun
Amateur
Amateur

Post by keepitfun »

Thanks for the replies. I was there July last year enjoying the umbrellas. Stayed at the Hilton, went out their beach stairs and about 100(?) metres along to the right. Probably about 5 sets of umbrella/beer/food vendors back then.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK, thank you - not high season then. I'll definitely have to take a wander.

Points 41; Position 18
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Chairs, tables and umbrella's are back as they were, same all over it was just a temporary rule to get rid of illegal vendors
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've not been for that daytime jaunt yet, but yes, it looks as though the brollies and beds are back. The difference now is that they're packed away each night. Walking in the dark, all that I see is shadows on the sea wall, but closer examination by torchlight reveals what it is.

So maybe a workable compromise, or will the army return at some stage?

Points 41; Position 18
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I'm down there pretty regularly and I seem to remember that last year the same operators had their loungers and umbrellas in the same places until maybe the end of March. Then they pretty much disappeared except for the large site between The Centara and The Hilton and a couple of scattered smaller places which some days were there and others weren't.
Maybe it's some dispensation that is granted to these people during the high season?
That's how I remember it anyway but the old grey cells ain't what they used to be.
On Wednesdays, none of them are allowed to set up.
HarleBen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by HarleBen »

I always visit Thailand once a year, on every February coz the weather is really pleasant and is raining. Hua Hin beaches are my favorite spots.

I didn't go this year due to work, but I am thinking to go in Fall. I really like this place.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

BEACH & BEACH CHAIR REPORT. This afternoon I went on the beach near MV and walked down to the Hyatt and back (5K) Where I entered there was a huge chair setup, 3 deep for perhaps 200m, a little further along another similar one and about a K further on anothe smaller oner. But after the InterContinental there were only a small number perhaps 4 or 5 chairs close to the wall at the 5* hotels. All 3 of the big sites were opposite empty lots, where they can probably bring a truck in.
keepitfun
Amateur
Amateur

Post by keepitfun »

Cheers Oakdale160. I'm looking forward to not doing much at all in a few weeks.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Idid the reverse walk today, started at the same soi and walked north. after the collection where i started very few chairs until got close to the hilton, none in front of centara---then outside the hilton, what looks like a tented village, dense chairs/unmbellas from the wall to the water going on for a couple of hundred yards. it reminded me of pictures i have seen of refugee camps in the middle east. if you forced people to spend an afternoon there i think you would be prosecuted, a human rights crime. . To spend good money to fly to Thai and then spend time there its unbelievable.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

I agree with Oakdale, this area is terrible. One cannot even walk past the umbrellas without going into the water, this is no problem for me but it is to others. The area looks terrible.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:45 am I've not been for that daytime jaunt yet, but yes, it looks as though the brollies and beds are back. The difference now is that they're packed away each night. Walking in the dark, all that I see is shadows on the sea wall, but closer examination by torchlight reveals what it is.

So maybe a workable compromise, or will the army return at some stage?
From what I remember the conclusion of the previous who-har was that the beds & umbrellas were allowed out during the day time every day apart from Wednesday. Certainly last time I went to Khao Takiab beach on a Wednesday (which was a good few months ago!) they were all packed away,