What's Happened To The Water Supply in Hua Hin?

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
lomuamart

What's Happened To The Water Supply in Hua Hin?

Post by lomuamart »

It appears that large swathes of town are without mains water. We didn't notice it until yesterday lunchtime when our tank ran dry. We'd have been a bit more careful in the summer months but after all the rain we've had this season it just didn't cross our minds to regularly check the level.
Other family members have experienced the same problem in Bo Fai and the centre of town (we're about 2 kms north of the centre).
The others have confirmed that this is now day four without a supply. Someone managed to contact the water people yesterday and were told that a main pipe had broken somewhere from Pranburi and that water would be back on at 6pm yesterday but that didn't materialise. After another call, the information was that the breakdown had been fixed but had broken again. (I'd take anything the water board say with a pinch of salt).
So, we've got water ordered but that won't be here till late afternoon. The fire brigade also said they'd do it for free but couldn't get here until evening time. Such is the demand at the moment for water trucks.
Is anyone else experiencing problems and have they found out any more about the reason and when we might get a supply back?
Big Boy

Re: What's Happened To The Water in Hua Hin?

Post by Big Boy »

There has been a mobile chicane travelling the streets warning people that there is no water - in Thai, of course.

I noticed the car wash in Market Village yesterday had 2 big water bowsers parked outside, and they were feeding directly into the car wash.

No idea what's going on - I suppose I'd better nip down to check our tank.

[Edit] No panic guys, I'm alright Jack :neener:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I've found that many places now large and small (even my little town) has a municipal FB page where they put up all the plan announcements about water and electric outages, road repairs etc. I would think the HH Gov has one too. All in Thai of course but a useful bookmark. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Sometime late Friday morning I topped my pool up as I do every few days and thought nothing of it. Then very late in the afternoon, probably 4 or 5 hours later, I heard the water tank filling up even though I wasn't using any water. When I looked it was only 3/4 full and was just filling up so the water supply had been switched off for a few hours Friday but not enough for the tank to go dry, even with topping the pool up. Had I not heard the tank filling up I wouldn't have noticed it had been off. This is off Soi 94.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: RE: Re: What's Happened To The Water in Hua Hin?

Post by hhinner »

PeteC wrote:I've found that many places now large and small (even my little town) has a municipal FB page where they put up all the plan announcements about water and electric outages, road repairs etc. I would think the HH Gov has one too. All in Thai of course but a useful bookmark. Pete :cheers:
huahin.go.th is the tesaban web site. It's also on FB. Sometimes the water department features announcements, but on the whole the water department is probably the worst of a bad lot when it comes to information on either platform. For what it's worth the tesaban has just announced a LINE group for accepting comments and complaints from the public.
johnjar
Guru
Guru

Post by johnjar »

Why use a Facebook page or local announcements? Over the many years living here it’s just par for the course, having water going off now and again, I find the best work around is having water tank lined up to mains all the time [with a functioning float valve shutoff] but outlet of tank shut off to house and just use town mains water pressure 95% of the time for house.

When town water is off you can soon find out when water is off when you open tap! Then re-align tank/pump to house during these times, I have 6000 liter tank and during these times probably only use about 1/6 max, just a case installing a few valves appropriately in the line :)
Last edited by johnjar on Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick NCFC

Post by Nick NCFC »

The Mayor announced earlier they were installing a new pipe opposite market village. The work was completed at 1am this morning and the water supply would be returning to "normal".

He did caution it would take some time for all areas to get water as some areas had been without for a few days so it would be difficult to replenish all areas at once
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Fortunately, with a 25,000 litre underwater tank, I wouldn't notice a stoppage for several days. However, after reading the posts on here I checked this morning and the tank was full. I live in Hua Na.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

I live in Soi 94 and have been checking my tank every day. Always full, so the water must have been on here.
YNWA
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Fortunately, with a 25,000 litre underwater tank,...................
Yeah, those underwater tanks tend to stay full. :rasta:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Nereus wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:56 pm
Fortunately, with a 25,000 litre underwater tank,...................
Yeah, those underwater tanks tend to stay full. :rasta:
Not sure what you're getting at. A couple of years ago the water was off for several days. I hadn't noticed until the neighbours asked how I was managing. Checked the tank and sure enough the level was well down. Once the water came back on, it was filling constantly for a couple of days.

If you're querying the size, come and see it sometime. It's a sort of underground swimming pool complete with a ladder from the inspection hatch.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

HHTell I think Nerus was joking with you.
You wrote “with a 25,000 Ltr UNDERWATER tank”.I think you meant underground.
Any tank underwater is going to stay full, because it’s underwater. 🤣👍🤗
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Lol. Got it! Never noticed. It was late.
Sorry Nereus.
Cheers Khundon.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Is this water stoppage a recent event or is it still due to the broken pipe/pump event in 2006?

I'm just a bit curious because we've been waiting 11 years for the repairs to be completed, and hey, here comes 2018 and we have street parties when we get water from the mains supply. Unfortunately we only have street parties once or twice a year.

A week or two ago the water delivery truck could barely make it to our gate because of flooding, but still no mains supply.

Only in Thailand, 11 years and counting. Solly, solly, pump no good, pipe bloken :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I guess it's pure luck of the draw. 6 years living just off Soi 94, and we've experienced 1 serious outage. However, because it serious, the army were coming around a couple of times a day with their water bowsers ensuring everybody had enough water. Fortunately we have a huge underground tank like HHTel, and didn't have to take any free water.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18