More demolition in Hua Hin - Chomsin road

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

More demolition in Hua Hin - Chomsin road

Post by usual suspect »

This may be the start of a milestone event or simply just 10m to widen things, but..
Work began today at the Chomsin Rd rail crossing, the buildings along the railway-side just South of the crossing are starting to be flattened.
Now this may well be to facilitate a slip-lane for vehicles turning left at the crossing (they have half-heartedly widened a 3m strip on the opposite side)..OR it's a start to widen things all along this road..or directly connected to any future rail-plans..??
(Sorry no photos)
Big Boy

Re: More demolition in Hua Hin - Chomsin road

Post by Big Boy »

Railway crossing/Chomsin Road? I tend to use this map when I'm not sure of a road name, and the railway doesn't go near Chomsin Road. (no idea if it's you or the map that's wrong).

The way you've described it to me is the crazy railway crossing on the corner of Soi 70 and Prapokklao Road - would that be the right place?

I wouldn't read too much into it. The buildings next to the track South of the station are regularly flattened, but seem to rise from the ashes just as fast.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

They are improving this road and the roundabout, so wait and see instead of useless comments.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Useless comment? Genuine interest regarding which road to avoid.

Points 41; Position 18
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Big Boy wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:21 pm Useless comment? Genuine interest regarding which road to avoid.
Actually I didn't see any road to avoid, unless you drive later than 11.00 pm, they are maybe working and some inconveniences, I drive every day this road 2 to 3 times.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Big Boy wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:39 pm Railway crossing/Chomsin Road? I tend to use this map when I'm not sure of a road name, and the railway doesn't go near Chomsin Road. (no idea if it's you or the map that's wrong).
The railway directly intercepts Chomsin Road. If you go from the Soi 88 roundabout, pass the trainstation roundabout, and then continue onto the next roundabout... turning left at that roundabout leads you onto Chomsin road.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Hua Hin Soi 70 = Chomsin Road. So is Soi 55.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thank you Pleng for the clarification - I guess the map was wrong.

I've often heard people refer to Chomsin Road, and have wondered why when I look it up. You have explained a lot :thumb:
Map.jpg
Map.jpg (51.24 KiB) Viewed 1204 times

Points 41; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

..........................turning left at that roundabout leads you onto Chomsin road.
Hmm, and if you turn right, or go 3/4 of the way around the crazy round about, it is also Chomsin Rd.

Or, you can turn left, then right at the even more crazy intersection and follow that road which will eventually get you close to the new Immigration office, which is not at the "top" of Soi 88. :rasta:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

Gonna add my tuppance worth!
Arrive Hua Hin,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,next traffic lights after Kings Palace,Chomsin road,turn left or right,same same road,always has been named that.
Travel to the end if turning left,,,,,,,,,,,,,large sign outside Buffalo Tavern stating CHOMSIN ROAD.
There is also new developments going on,[work recommencing possibly] in that area,after no work, when the Ferry went to Kao Takiap