High Season in Hua Hin?

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
caller
Hero
Hero

High Season in Hua Hin?

Post by caller »

Inspired by the Thailand tourism thread. I guess we are in the high season now - how is it?

With the other half I spent the other Sunday on the beach south of Takiap and after a nice lunch hired a sunbed for the afternoon. It certainly wasn't busy in the least.

But I rarely get around town or to the beach by the Hilton, so I have no idea how it is there.

But there do seem more farangs around the Malls.
Talk is cheap
buksida

Re: High Season in Hua Hin?

Post by buksida »

Was there yesterday, Bluport was deadsville, a smattering of farangs in Market Village, but Makro was quite busy (yes, it was a Christmas food run!!).

The roads however were fcuking chaos. :guns:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

The roads however were fcuking chaos.
Tsk,Tsk, bloody out of towners, expect everything to be like home! :tsk:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Ask bar owners, restaurant owners, shop owners, from November onwards, they all can't agree. Some say they're doing well and seem to mean it, some say it's dead and seem to mean it. I don't ask any more. If you don't believe that the government offices lie through their teeth about everything, go by the official airport statistics.

Personally I'd say bars in the evening are certainly busier in town, and people wandering in walking street are a lot more than 3-4 weks ago. Whether it's 'high' season or not, I have no idea.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I judge high season by how many abreast tourists walk up or down Soi 94. I rate 5 idiots abreast on the world's most dangerous roads as the start of high season. IMHO high season arrived yesterday. Roll on April.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Yes, but many of the better facilities in HH are there to service the tourists and their money and we retirees get to use them.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

went to Bluport Tuesday and Thursday and there was surprisingly a lot, a lot of tourists in various restaurants and shops so we must now be in the high season
it's probably the cold and windy weather that drew them in !! not able to beach bum
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I've just come back from town after collecting some food for tonight. A quick run from just north of the town centre to Chomsin and a saunter up and down there.
I was amazed at how quiet everything was. I know it's not a public holiday over here tomorrow and maybe some of the Bangkok crowd will save themselves and come down next week for NY and things tourist wise will probably kick off in a few hours but that 45 minutes were a pleasure.
Absolutely nothing on the roads. Takes me back 20 years!!
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

A friend went booking rooms for first week of January 2018, in 2 different hotels in center, both were not even half booked.