Where to buy a pool cue in Hua Hin?

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
pdm3547
Professional
Professional

Where to buy a pool cue in Hua Hin?

Post by pdm3547 »

I seem to be playing a lot of pool lately, and I think I should buy my own cue.

Is there anywhere in HH to get one?
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Pool Cue

Post by GLCQuantum »

Previously, I bought all my cues from Andy at 'Lucky Shot'. He used to have stock from 4500 baht up to around ten grand. All imported quality brands.

Haven't been there for quite some time but worth asking him.

:cheers:
pdm3547
Professional
Professional

Post by pdm3547 »

Ok. Thanks!
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I've got one that use to be a good one made by one of the best in Memphis.... I'll have to look around and see if I can find it and see if it is still in good condition... I don't use it anymore so if I find it and it's ok I'll pm you.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
pdm3547
Professional
Professional

Post by pdm3547 »

hhfarang wrote:I've got one that use to be a good one made by one of the best in Memphis.... I'll have to look around and see if I can find it and see if it is still in good condition... I don't use it anymore so if I find it and it's ok I'll pm you.
Goodness me! How kind.

I won't take it from you without appropriate recompense, and we can discuss this over PM
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

pdm3547 wrote:
hhfarang wrote:I've got one that use to be a good one made by one of the best in Memphis.... I'll have to look around and see if I can find it and see if it is still in good condition... I don't use it anymore so if I find it and it's ok I'll pm you.
Goodness me! How kind.

I won't take it from you without appropriate recompense, and we can discuss this over PM
Problem is, we've moved and have a room full of boxes and storage. I've taken a quick look and have not found it. I'll continue looking when I have time and energy to move things around.

It was a really good cue that I got on a deal through a really good pool player (hustler) who knew the maker and the guy made most of the cues for pros in the mid-south (U.S.A) area. I couldn't afford one of the ones with all the fancy inlays and decorations so it is a fairly plain looking cue but (supposedly) made from the best materials and professional quality. It was in a soft case so I just hope the missus hasn't stored it in a non-vertical location or with anything putting pressure on it. I'll let you know if/when I find it. We should be moving in the near future (hopefully) and maybe it will become apparent then. :?
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
pdm3547
Professional
Professional

Re: Where to buy a pool cue in Hua Hin?

Post by pdm3547 »

If anyone else is wondering where to buy a cue, you can visit "Master Cues" on the last shopping plaza on Railway Road as you go from,say, Soi 80 towards the railway station. Before you get to the station, it is in the right hand side.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Did you buy a cue from 'Master Cues' pdm3547, if so what sort of prices are they ?
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
pdm3547
Professional
Professional

Post by pdm3547 »

Pagey wrote:Did you buy a cue from 'Master Cues' pdm3547, if so what sort of prices are they ?
I actually bought mine from hhfarang but I did take a look at Master Cues. Prices range from 700Bt to many thousands of Bt.

Patty is really helpful and I'm sure you'll find one you need.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

OK pdm, as you mentioned the shop I thought you had bought one from there as HHF was struggling to locate his.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
pdm3547
Professional
Professional

Post by pdm3547 »

Pagey wrote:OK pdm, as you mentioned the shop I thought you had bought one from there as HHF was struggling to locate his.
HHF wasn't very clear either when I posted this. I really must try harder with my posts!

Sorry for the confusion.