Satalite TV / cable TV English

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Diana Hind
Rookie
Rookie

Satalite TV / cable TV English

Post by Diana Hind »

Please could someone recomend a Satalite TV Installer in Cha-am or Hua Hin - hopefully to view english channels ?

Many Thanks
Diana
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Hello,
I assume you're asking about the providers, rather than "electricans".
Sattalite is UBC. I don't have it at home, but I think there are various packages you can get. It'll definitely give you BBC World Service and CNN for news. National Geographic and Discovery for nature. Films galore (in English), comedy and as much sport as you can stomach - live. Package prices vary, I think. Someone else will have to advise you of this.
Cable is far more limited, giving you good old Mr Rupert Murdoch's Fox News - don't waste your time on that drivel. No nature stuff, no live sports, but a half decent film channel - in English. Costs 300 Baht a month.
Both give you the best quality Thai soaps, if that's what you want.
Could be that you have simply got an ariel which'll only give you Thai programmes.
dr dave soul monsta
Deceased
Deceased

Post by dr dave soul monsta »

UBC is fantastic if you wish to watch the same thing 3 or four times a day 7 days a week 2 times a day seven days a week there after and so on and on
and i do feel it is expensive for the programing given

but i have to admit there are little choices in the way of alternatives in a reasonable price range
"I don't often agree with the RSPCA as i believe it is an animals duty to be on my plate at supper time"