thinking of setting up a fishing club when i get to hua hin

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
landscape3
Novice
Novice

thinking of setting up a fishing club when i get to hua hin

Post by landscape3 »

are there any fisherman who would like to discuss setting up a small club traveling around looking for monsters in thailand-sea -lake-rivers etc

will be moving there in a few months and its a passion of mine here in england

it wouldnt be a short lived thing as i am moving to hua hin permantly
there should be some great sport available

can anyone give any advice on setting up a charter buisness there-buying a boat rules and reggs

daz
malcolminthemiddle
Guru
Guru

Coarse Fishing Syndicate

Post by malcolminthemiddle »

Hi Landscape3,

I would be interested in forming a syndicate to set up a private freshwater fishery close to Hua Hin. My idea would be a beautiful landscaped pond stocked with UK type coarse fish such as carp, tench, bream and roach, a picnic/barbecue area for family and friends, covered parking and secluded fishing stages.

Say 10 members @ Baht 500,000 each? We buy the land freehold?

Anyone else interested.
landscape3
Novice
Novice

fishing

Post by landscape3 »

hi malc

could be a good idea
problem might be getting english type fish overthere but ive always wanted to do something like that

dont know about a syndicate water abit limited on turnover by the way im a landscaper by trade so its a good start

fished in a match on monday and won the match with 173lbs of carp on the pole it would be interesting to teach the thais how to use one

do you do any fishig out there
i went to the lakes at cha-am had a 44lb cat fish but the baits are limited to bread got a bit boring it would be great to use english baits they would go bonkers-when i get there we can av a beer and a chat nice to here from you

daz
malcolminthemiddle
Guru
Guru

Post by malcolminthemiddle »

Hi Landscape,

When I lived in UK, match fishing was my big passion especially on the Thames around Oxford and Reading. The carp fishery phenonomen started up after I left UK. Now I am home based in BKK with some small interests in Hua Hin area ready for retirement in the not too distant future I hope. I have met a few other expat guys with the same interest so when we are all in HH at the same time we can get together for a few beers.

There is a specie of Thai freshwater which is not disimilar to roach, there is also one that looks like a bream and of course there are carp.

I wasn't thinking so much of a commercial fishery, more of a private fishery, running costs could be subsidised by guest day tickets.

I'm sure your landscaping expertise would be of great help.

I reckon we need a max of 10 people.

I'll PM you my email address.

Bye 4 now
Malcolm