GDL poolshop

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
malcolminthemiddle
Guru
Guru

Re: WARNING about GDL poolshop service

Post by malcolminthemiddle »

JimmyGreaves wrote:
malcolminthemiddle wrote:
JimmyGreaves wrote:

These 2 must have a vested interest (3 posts between them)

Jimmy,

If you have no first hand experience of dealing with GDL Pools, what gives you the right to judge?

I thought all the recent discussions were about increasing the quality of posts on the forum not downgrading the content with posts such as yours in this topic.
MITM

Rubbish. I don't need first hand experience to side with the OP in his actions of exposing a bad experience he had at GDL pool shop, if they had given good customer service then they would have done what he had to eventually do on his behalf. Forum members highlighting their good and bad experiences as consumers helps other members to be wary of certain establishments, that is not decreasing the quality of a post, on the contary it's very informative.

So I beg to differ on your reasoning
Jimmy, you're forgetting. It was the OP who had the bad experience, not you.

So if some one recommends a restaurant on the forum you will agree with the recomendation even if you have not eaten at the restaurant yourself?

Who are you trying to kid? The only thing your posts were designed to do was stir the sh....t and you call that quality?
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

I thanked the OP for the warning and then said he should go and tell GDL about the errors of their way (Maybe to improve their customer service).

So I should not thank someone for a suggestion about going to a good restaurant until I've been myself and I should ignore everyone who says a restaurant is shit until I try it. I prefer not to get stung if I can avoid it!

I also am very aware that postings can be pure lies, so what do you do just shut up and don't believe anything?

I think that this thread has now enough posts of happy and a few unhappy posters with regards to pool issues. me and you quibbling about this is just keeping the post highlighted at the top of the list.

I'm Out!
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Francois
Professional
Professional

Post by Francois »

Hey guys... Cool down... We can not all be of the same opinion and it does no good to get excited :-)

Have a cool beer and enjoy it.
François
And me, still the most self satisfied of men
I was almost as drunk as myself
(Jacques Brel)
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

So - what have we learned from this thread?
The OP has warned us about his experience with the service of components from the company in question.
Other members have had their pools built and constructed by the very same company and are satisfied.
What's the difference?
Is construction and building equal to service and maintenance?

Isn't that two completely different operations and experiences?

IMHO; to buy and install something is one thing, but to keep it floating, up to date and running is just not the same thing.

If we can't talk about a damn pool, how on earth can we have a decent chat about the real estate and property business without starting world war lll?

STOP ATTACKING EACH OTHER!!
chopsticks
Guru
Guru

Post by chopsticks »

Now that Norseman has started the analogy it begs the question :
Could the pool industry possibly be considered as a microcosm of the house building industry ? :wink:
They may have built the pool but then how they deal with the inevitable snags and complaints = after sales service / maintenance cf. house and property services will determine reputation.
Pool builders can also become house builders :shock: and vice-versa as the market dictates... :?
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

Yes of course it can be considered as that.
That goes for everything that can be built and be maintained.
It's not a question of who is the builder and who took care of it after the sale was done.
That can be done by different companies.
It's the total judgement of a company as a supplier of goods and labour on one side and services and maintenance on the other side we are talking about.
Whether they are perfect builders and makes a beautiful pool or building doesn't mean they are up to date with service, maintenance and logistic.
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

Norseman wrote:Is construction and building equal to service and maintenance?

Isn't that two completely different operations and experiences?

IMHO; to buy and install something is one thing, but to keep it floating, up to date and running is just not the same thing.
Think you've hit the nail on the head there. GDL built our pool when we first arrived and I couldn't fault a thing. There was then a minor issue during it's operation which we weren't entirely happy about but at the end of the day it was found to be down to a few hundred Baht non-return valve. I've always recommended them when people ask, haven't felt the need to mention the latter.

Based on Thai standards generally I think if you've had something as big as a pool built, not a minor expense, and there's no problems with the structure then I'd think I've done well, that's not too excuse unfair service (not refering to the OP as know nothing of the actual circumstances), but I understand why there's disputes with equipment in general having seen the standard of maintenance and water supply quality. Fortunately with pools if it's the machinery (as opposed to the structure) that packs up on you, it's generally only likely to cost around 0.5% of the overall pool cost at worst.

Also, I would think a large portion of pool owners equipment warranties are not valid as the maintenance company is not authorised by manufacturer or supplying agent. GDL's service crew would be authorised I assume, and I know they have responded to problems when they could just as well say, sorry your cleaning company are 'not on the list'.

Basically I think you have to separate the two, you could find on the net tons of people who had bad experiences with after-sales from Mercedes but it wouldn't stop you buying one if you had the dosh.

SJ
poosmate
Ace
Ace

Post by poosmate »

Basically I think you have to separate the two, you could find on the net tons of people who had bad experiences with after-sales from Mercedes but it wouldn't stop you buying one if you had the dosh.
I agree but you may choose to buy it from another dealership if one in particular kept cropping up :wink:

I too have a pool built by GDL and structurally fine. The cleaning service was independent from GDL I believe as Gary ( original partner) had too many staff issues and faults.
I can say I had very good service from GDL and have spent a lot of money with them. My only fault with them now for me is lack of product knowledge and experience from the new staff.I have followed the old manager to a new shop as I have a relationship with him that works for me personally.
I am sure for most GDL is an experienced company and should have enough experience for the average pool buyer.
no more dePreston
JOHNSON
Novice
Novice

Post by JOHNSON »

poosmate wrote:
I agree but you may choose to buy it from another dealership if one in particular kept cropping up :wink:

I too have a pool built by GDL and structurally fine. The cleaning service was independent from GDL I believe as Gary ( original partner) had too many staff issues and faults.
I can say I had very good service from GDL and have spent a lot of money with them. My only fault with them now for me is lack of product knowledge and experience from the new staff.I have followed the old manager to a new shop as I have a relationship with him that works for me personally.
I am sure for most GDL is an experienced company and should have enough experience for the average pool buyer.
Hey Poosmate you should let Dawebo know were the old manager's shop is
then he can take future pool problems there :thumb:
Francois
Professional
Professional

Post by Francois »

poosmate wrote:I have followed the old manager to a new shop as I have a relationship with him that works for me personally.
Is it possible to know what's this new shop and where it's located ?
François
(Jacques Brel)
poosmate
Ace
Ace

Post by poosmate »

Siam Pools
On the left before the airport/palm hills tunnel as you drive north.
no more dePreston
Francois
Professional
Professional

Post by Francois »

poosmate wrote:Siam Pools
Hi Poosmate,

Great, it's next to soi 6.

Thanks
François
(Jacques Brel)
poosmate
Ace
Ace

Post by poosmate »

francois wrote
it's next to soi 6.
No it is not. It is where I told you :cuss:

Have you been driving with Johan around those French round thingys :)
no more dePreston
Francois
Professional
Professional

Post by Francois »

poosmate wrote:Siam Pools
Get it :mrgreen:
François
(Jacques Brel)
Francois
Professional
Professional

Post by Francois »

poosmate wrote:Have you been driving with Johan around those French round thingys :)
Gnnniiii ? :D
François
(Jacques Brel)