Mail Box

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Mail Box

Post by Name Taken »

Hey Folks, I have a question.
Could you please tell me where there is a Mail Boxes Etc. store or something similar in Hua Hin?
thanks
lomuamart

Re: Mail Box

Post by lomuamart »

The Post Office have boxes, but there's usually a waiting list for one. You might get lucky. Just go in and ask.
They're 500THB a year and you put a deposit down for the key. I can't remember how much that was.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

If you are asking about the store / kiosk that trades as "Mailboxes Etc.", there is one in Market Village, on the same floor as Tesco I believe. (or there was, as I do not go in regularly)
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

Nereus wrote:If you are asking about the store / kiosk that trades as "Mailboxes Etc.", there is one in Market Village, on the same floor as Tesco I believe. (or there was, as I do not go in regularly)
Thanks Nereus
poosmate
Ace
Ace

Post by poosmate »

Also there are mailboxes for rent at the post Counter inside Gee Un Tung supermarket
( green supermarket after the railway crossing West rd)
no more dePreston
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

I believe you are asking where to buy a mailbox to put up on you house?
These boxes can be bought in paper and office supplies stores downtown. I bought mine in a store on Chomsin Road.
A friend is only one click away
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

Lung Per wrote:I believe you are asking where to buy a mailbox to put up on you house?
These boxes can be bought in paper and office supplies stores downtown. I bought mine in a store on Chomsin Road.
:)
No, that's not the type of mailbox i was asking about. Nereus already answered my question.
poosmate
Ace
Ace

Post by poosmate »

Getting to be a bit like the Two Ronnies:
no more dePreston
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

Name Taken wrote:
Nereus wrote:If you are asking about the store / kiosk that trades as "Mailboxes Etc.", there is one in Market Village, on the same floor as Tesco I believe. (or there was, as I do not go in regularly)
Thanks Nereus
Name Taken/Nereus/anyone: Can you confirm that there is a MBE type of place in Market Village? I just returned from a 30-minute mall walk of all three floors and didn't see it. However, it may be in a corner or nook that I missed, or (very likely) I was daydreaming and walked right passed it.

I found the Thai web site for Mail Boxes Etc (MBE) and they don't show a location in Hua Hin. Any mailbox place would be fine, though.

If not in Market Village, any other in-town location would be fine.
charlesh
Ace
Ace

Post by charlesh »

You live in hope of receiving mail (anything of value) being delivered intact! Good Luck
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

wpcoe wrote:
Name Taken wrote:
Thanks Nereus
Name Taken/Nereus/anyone: Can you confirm that there is a MBE type of place in Market Village? I just returned from a 30-minute mall walk of all three floors and didn't see it. However, it may be in a corner or nook that I missed, or (very likely) I was daydreaming and walked right passed it.

I found the Thai web site for Mail Boxes Etc (MBE) and they don't show a location in Hua Hin. Any mailbox place would be fine, though.

If not in Market Village, any other in-town location would be fine.
The last time I looked it was still there. (a couple of months ago) And yes, it is in a bit of a corner. Its on the North facing wall, just before you enter the passage / alleyway that leads to the toilets, and not sure, but believe it is the same floor as Tesco. It was unattended at the time, but still open according to the sign on the counter. :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

Nereus wrote:The last time I looked it was still there. (a couple of months ago) And yes, it is in a bit of a corner. Its on the North facing wall, just before you enter the passage / alleyway that leads to the toilets, and not sure, but believe it is the same floor as Tesco. It was unattended at the time, but still open according to the sign on the counter.
Thanks for the info, as I can now target my search a bit.
jimmy40
Professional
Professional

Post by jimmy40 »

As i have posted recently, there are post boxes at insight english school, you lock and have the only key, very handy if you want to keep stuff away from your thai b/g wife etc
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

There at least used to be some sort of postal service in MV. It is one floor up from the ground-floor, hard by your left when exiting the HomePro, against the north wall.

It is at about A234 on the MV second floor plan: http://www.marketvillagehuahin.com/

If it has P.O.Boxes, I would not know. However, if you really need one, send me a PM.
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

Thanks for the tips. Particularly to jimmy40: somehow I missed your earlier post about Insight.

I got wrapped up in some other stuff today, but will check out Market Village and Insight when I get the chance.