Any pilots in here? I have a question.

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Re: Any pilots in here? I have a question.

Post by STEVE G »

Helicopters are expensive beasts due to the high maintenance costs and fuel usage, from a US charter operator:

"Helicopter charter rates are generally between $700-$1000 per flight hour for smaller piston helicopters, $1200-2000 per hour for small turbine machines and $2500+/hr for larger twin-engine corporate helicopters capable of night charter operations."
av8er

Here's a curly one!!!!

Post by av8er »

O.K. You've dragged it outta me-I'm a pilot :shock: I know there's a no-sail zone north of the pier, are there any restrictions on flying near special K's place? Does anyone know what the flying scene/plane ownership situation is in Thailand? Does anyone know the GDP of Venezuela? 2 out of 3 and I'll love you forever :D
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

The Thai Flying Club website will tell you, or link you to, everything you need to know except the GDP of Venezuela:
http://www.thaiflyingclub.com/
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Here's a curly one!!!!

Post by Nereus »

av8er wrote:O.K. You've dragged it outta me-I'm a pilot :shock: I know there's a no-sail zone north of the pier, are there any restrictions on flying near special K's place? Does anyone know what the flying scene/plane ownership situation is in Thailand? Does anyone know the GDP of Venezuela? 2 out of 3 and I'll love you forever :D
There is a complete exclusion zone to the South of the Airport that extends over the water and inland over the Palace. If you go to the Flying School at Hua Hin Airport they will be happy to shown you exactly the extent of it.

If you are serious about flying light aircraft here you will probably need the GDP of Venezuela!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

The Hua Hin area map on the forum here has the exclusion zone: http://www.huahinafterdark.com/hua-hin-area-map.htm I see distances noted but don't know if that's for watercraft, or aircraft as well. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

According to this Thai government site, it's a circle of 1 Nautical Mile radius centred on point 123600N0995700E and unlimited altitude:
http://www.aisthai.go.th/webais/pdf/ENR ... 0Areas.pdf
sticks

Post by sticks »

HI
just to let you know there's a new Microlight business started up in hua hin thier Facebook page.
Siam Microlight Aviation Services