DHL office Hua Hin

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
MajorBloodnok
Suspended
Suspended

DHL again

Post by MajorBloodnok »

Hello,

after my previous catastrophic experience with a bag sent from the US via DHL,
now I have the same problem with a book from Amazon US Marketplace.

1. DHL do not bother to notify you by email or snail that they are holding an item, if they fail to reach you by phone/mobile,

2. It may work out if you are living in Bangkok, but outside the capital they use regional contractors that are prone to be too daft and/or too lazy to locate your residence.
My bag was only delivered when I set a deadline and threatened to have the bag returned to sender!

So my advice is: If you order an item from abroad, instruct them NOT TO USE DHL!

I have never had an item lost that was sent by ordinary mail, and I get a lot of stuff from amazon UK.

Take care!

Have a nice afternoon & week!

MB aka 'Mike the Fritz'
A GRATEFUL GUEST OF THE KINGDOM OF THAILAND & HER PEOPLE
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: DHL office Hua Hin

Post by hhinner »

A couple of months ago DHL phoned me up to ask where my house is as they had a parcel to deliver. As it happened I was out and about so instead of rushing home I went to collect it from them. But it seems like they would have delivered had I been home.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, we were out a few weeks ago, when we received a phone call from DHL. I was just parking in Hua Hin Temple Car Park. Mrs BB told them where we were - item was delivered to us at the car park a few minutes later. That's what I call service above and beyond.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Hello, could anyone please tell me if there is still aDHL office in hua him and if so whereabouts ?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Last time I was down there (which isn't very often), there was an office in the Basement of Bluport.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

:thanks: BB for your rapid reply
Have a nice day
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Big Boy wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:01 am Last time I was down there (which isn't very often), there was an office in the Basement of Bluport.
Yep. From the Petchkasem entrance go to the rightmost aisle. It's quite near that end of the mall.
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

I've used the one in Bluport a couple times. Great service.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

RCer wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:13 am I've used the one in Bluport a couple times. Great service.
They are of course good but I miss a cheap consolidating courier service as I had in other countries like Skynet.

The DHL lady in Bluport is still the same as was in the little kiosk at Khao Takiap. Very nice lady and knows what she'd doing.