DHL office Hua Hin

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here. The Hua Hin Business Directory has listings of local shops and services.
SPONSORS: Expat Hua Hin : Siam Old Teak
MajorBloodnok
Suspended
Suspended

DHL again

Post by MajorBloodnok » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:50 pm

Hello,

after my previous catastrophic experience with a bag sent from the US via DHL,
now I have the same problem with a book from Amazon US Marketplace.

1. DHL do not bother to notify you by email or snail that they are holding an item, if they fail to reach you by phone/mobile,

2. It may work out if you are living in Bangkok, but outside the capital they use regional contractors that are prone to be too daft and/or too lazy to locate your residence.
My bag was only delivered when I set a deadline and threatened to have the bag returned to sender!

So my advice is: If you order an item from abroad, instruct them NOT TO USE DHL!

I have never had an item lost that was sent by ordinary mail, and I get a lot of stuff from amazon UK.

Take care!

Have a nice afternoon & week!

MB aka 'Mike the Fritz'
A GRATEFUL GUEST OF THE KINGDOM OF THAILAND & HER PEOPLE

hhinner
Ace
Ace

Re: DHL office Hua Hin

Post by hhinner » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:08 pm

A couple of months ago DHL phoned me up to ask where my house is as they had a parcel to deliver. As it happened I was out and about so instead of rushing home I went to collect it from them. But it seems like they would have delivered had I been home.

Big Boy

Re: DHL office Hua Hin

Post by Big Boy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:20 pm

Yes, we were out a few weeks ago, when we received a phone call from DHL. I was just parking in Hua Hin Temple Car Park. Mrs BB told them where we were - item was delivered to us at the car park a few minutes later. That's what I call service above and beyond.
League 1 - Rotherham....1 Plymouth Argyle....1 :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Points 21; Position 22